Ursa Minor Camper Shell for JT Gladiator

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
If there is already a post covering the subject, I'll delete this one.

I saw an instagram post by Ursa mentioning something like the JL's Ursa Minor top for the JT bed was next on their list of new products.

Has the group heard any rumors, or know more about this?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
In Dan Grec's recent video posted here on Expo about the Adventure ExPo in SoCal, he had some video of it. All aluminum construction if I am thinking of the right one. It looked nice. It was on a black Gladiator?

KellyM

Adventurer
I have it on pretty good authority that a Gladiator top is on the UMV future product list, but it's probably well more than a year out.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I ok with that timeline. Do you know if you are leaning towards a triangle opening or a full flip? Personally, I like the triangle style. It is just easier to set up and stow.

Also, any leanings towards a bed platform? Will you use moveable panels, our an hinged platform. Again, I prefer the two piece hinged platform style, similar to Alu-Cab's.

Keep us posted, or potentially even start polls to help provide customer guided design elements.

that_dude

It’s referenced at the bottom of the JL J30 page on their website. It says:
  • We will offer a J30 version for the Jeep Gladiator Truck, but that will be a completely new product pre-order page, and based on how long the JL is taking probably would be a late 2020 product.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
In Dan Grec's recent video posted here on Expo about the Adventure ExPo in SoCal, he had some video of it. All aluminum construction if I am thinking of the right one. It looked nice. It was on a black Gladiator?
In the video, the UMV topper was the triangle wedge shape.

That was a summit built by AT Overland Equipment.. they're made out of aluminum, and not related the Ursa Minor at all.

John and I talked at length about the Gladiator J30 (or whatever you want to call it) at SEMA late last year.

... let's just say I'm super interested!

-Dan

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Dan,

Thank you for chiming in. I won't ask for you to spill any secrets, but you now have me very excited about the possibilities.

DiscoDino

Observer
I have it on pretty good authority that a Gladiator top is on the UMV future product list, but it's probably well more than a year out.

Hey Kelly, thanks for mentioning this...so do you mean they will replace the hardtop (two from Freedoms, rear section) with a new UMV top that swings forward 180 degrees so we can liberate the bed of sleeping platform carrying duties? That's the uniqueness of the JT...that would be awesome and I'll be in for one for sure...

KellyM

Adventurer
Hey Kelly, thanks for mentioning this...so do you mean they will replace the hardtop (two from Freedoms, rear section) with a new UMV top that swings forward 180 degrees so we can liberate the bed of sleeping platform carrying duties? That's the uniqueness of the JT...that would be awesome and I'll be in for one for sure...
That is not my understanding. Your idea is interesting, but I'm not sure UMV is working on something like that. You could reach out to John to confirm.

Yuke

Adventurer
From what I understand, it will be a bed canopy that pops straight up, no more 180s....

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Straight up like The FWC Project M would interesting, I’d rather see a bed version of the J30. Something like lighter version of the Alu-Cab, or a more refined GoFast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles