Land Rover Defender 130 HCPU 4BD1T **SOLD**

Land Rover Defender 130 High Capacity Pick Up Truck

Isuzu 3.9 litre Isuzu 4BD1T diesel (21mpg city/27mpg highway) with intercooler mated to a R380 five speed gearbox, left hand drive.
Differentials; front is an Ashcroft ATB, rear is a Detroit Locker.
Galvanized frame, frame off build.
Custom aluminum flatdeck (line-x) with removable sides and headache rack, under bed boxes and full slide drawer (fits skis or surfboards) and steps all constructed by XP Camper. Hoist built into deck. The deck is extremely versatile for use as a camper platform or as a work truck.
Recaro seats and Webasto diesel heater, moulded acoustic mat set and dynamat throughout cab, Hertz speakers X 4, sub and amp, Kenwood receiver.
Racor secondary fuel filter, block heater.
Cooper Discoverer S/T on Terrafirma (Evo Corse) Dakar wheels with full size spare.
Croytec aluminum door hinges, bonnet hinges and window blocks.
ExtremeAire compressor with air outlets in underbed boxes on either side of vehicle for quick inflation of tires, Class 3 hitch (7way/4way electrical).
Air Lift bags in rear coil springs.
67,000 kms. on Defender since vehicle build.
Work within the last two years includes a new Ashcroft transmission New swivel balls, trackrod and pitman arm ball joints. Rear differential overhaul. Panard rod and bushings, King steering stabilizer, pitman arm ball joint, radius and trailing arm bushings. New power steering pump, new clutch master and slave cylinder. New rear glass and quarter panel glass. New front bumper.
Truck ONLY for sale as XP camper has sold separately.
Known issues; minor play in right front wheel bearing and A-frame ball joint.
I had the vehicle built specifically for me and have all the receipts for work since I have owned it.
I am presently sourcing and will install four new doors.
From the research I have done, I believe there have been too many modifications for this vehicle to be imported to the U.S.A. It is presently plated and insured in the province of British Columbia, Canada.

Asking price; $85,000 Canadian dollars

d1.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
14.jpg

Thanks Msand. It is awesome and I’d love to keep it to pass onto my children, my three year old girls absolutely love going for a ride in ‘the truck’... I grew up in Africa and believe that it is where the ridiculous infatuation started! It just doesn’t fit into our plans for an extended travel platform at this time.

It is a 1991 model year.

Forgot to mention in original ad. First Four Defender Tubular HD Bumber with A-Bar & Swivel Recovery Eyes installed last year. New windshield wiper motor/gear boxes/rack and arms just installed.
bumper.jpg

Winter fun! Plenty of room for all your skis in the full length under bed drawer. Built in hoist to load your snowbike.
7F1D442F-DC63-4A39-BA78-0C907EBC83F5.jpeg
4BB8DA85-2C56-4CCC-B9B0-0372A69C45E7.jpeg

Runfar21

I think I remember seeing the XP camper posted at some point.... Interested but I read your comment on “importablity” to the US. At the risk of being that dumb guy, what modifications do you believe exempt it from being imported to the US; bumpers and engine?

Reading the the site below, I hoped there an age exemption but didn’t see one.

Swedjen

There are a number of Defender diesels on Craigslist that have been brought in from Spain, U.K., etc., so should be doable in most states except Peoples Republic of Calif.

From my understanding, the USA requires a vehicle to be 25 years or older (whereas Canada is only 15 years) to import. In either case, it is a non issue as my Defender is a 1991. I believe another stipulation for the States is that it must posses it's original (stock) engine. I replaced the stock engine in my Defender with an Isuzu 4BD1T (the Australian army used this engine in their Perentie program). It replaces the 200/300 tdi series engines in a Defender of my vintage. The stock engines were fairly anemic when it came to power and torque. The TD5 engine that replaced them could be tuned to provide a significant increase in performance, although this came with the addition of more electronics. The Isuzu engine provides a massive increase in torque (while keeping electrics to a minimum) for a vehicle that will be carrying a significant load, which in my case was the XPV2. We did install a bumper when the tray was placed on the vehicle. While different States might have different regulations when it comes to emissions, I believe the other salient points that should be adhered to are engine and frame modifications. I'm sure there are other forum members that might want to chime in from their prior research and experience.
Thank you for your interest.

vista.jpg
duc.jpg

ggops

Great build, Is this the photo angle or is the 130 frame stretched out for this build. It rear wheel looks much further back?

good luck

Thanks ggops.
Yes, I stretched the frame as I wanted to keep a respectable departure angle. The original box length on the Defender pick ups is quite short. The tray on my truck is 6’10”, which in my case fit the XPV2.
27AF0067-2140-473B-971F-8FD67511A5DB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles