Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Explorerinil

Observer
The Tremor has a softer sway-bar for more flex. I'm sure someone will come up with a sway-bar disconnect if you want more flex?.
What I’m saying is the power wagon still has it beat off road, the disconnecting sway bar is a part of the equation just like the links on the radius arms that allow for more articulation, the tremor doesn’t have that either.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Got a picture of the radius arm links? Mine look exactly the same as Fords.

For me, one of the deal breakers with the PW is it no longer has 4.56 gears. 4.10 like my previous truck, ain't enough. The Fords 4.30 are marginal, but possibly ok. The sway bar is a 1min ordeal with an electric impact and some safety wire. Extremely rare that we switch back and forth.

We can make the Ford flex. That's hardly a problem.

Oilbrnr

For me, one of the deal breakers with the PW is it no longer has 4.56 gears. 4.10 like my previous truck, ain't enough. The Fords 4.30 are marginal, but possibly ok. The sway bar is a 1min ordeal with an electric impact and some safety wire. Extremely rare that we switch back and forth.

1580147830399.png

Explorerinil

Observer

Power wagons have different radius arms vs regular 2500’s and 3500’s. They won’t look like yours.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I finally got to test drive the unicorn, Lariat Tremor with the 7.3. If you're in Orange County, Tuttle Click in San Juan Capistrano has one as of yesterday. The power was down from the diesel Tremor, obviously, but it didn't feel underpowered at all. The ride was a little bit rougher than my 1500 Silverado, but that was expected, and it wasn't that bad. I've never driven a 3/4 ton, and was pleasantly surprised. My wife likes the Tremor more than the Raptor, but I'm undecided. I've always wanted a Raptor, but there is so much more utility in the Tremor, and I can always go to Carli when the warranty runs out. Both have their pros and cons, but if the Tremor comes out much cheaper, I think I'll just go with that for now.

Side note: I wish these dealers would let you take the vehicle for the day. I hate dropping this amount of money on something I drive for 10 mins....

SoTxAg06

I finally got to test drive the unicorn, Lariat Tremor with the 7.3. If you're in Orange County, Tuttle Click in San Juan Capistrano has one as of yesterday. The power was down from the diesel Tremor, obviously, but it didn't feel underpowered at all. The ride was a little bit rougher than my 1500 Silverado, but that was expected, and it wasn't that bad. I've never driven a 3/4 ton, and was pleasantly surprised. My wife likes the Tremor more than the Raptor, but I'm undecided. I've always wanted a Raptor, but there is so much more utility in the Tremor, and I can always go to Carli when the warranty runs out. Both have their pros and cons, but if the Tremor comes out much cheaper, I think I'll just go with that for now.

Side note: I wish these dealers would let you take the vehicle for the day. I hate dropping this amount of money on something I drive for 10 mins....

Best test drive I’ve been on was when I was looking at a Nissan Titan. Salesman took me out to a large parking lot outside of town and let me put the truck through it’s paces. Couldn’t get past the looks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klutch7

That's funny, I just went to look at the same truck you're referring to. Silver Lariat with chrome bumpers? It has 260+ miles on it now so apparently lots of people have been testing it out haha, I didn't test drive it, as I drove a 7.3 truck in Boise last week and felt I have enough to go on. The temptation to order a truck the way I want is strong.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
That's funny, I just went to look at the same truck you're referring to. Silver Lariat with chrome bumpers? It has 260+ miles on it now so apparently lots of people have been testing it out haha, I didn't test drive it, as I drove a 7.3 truck in Boise last week and felt I have enough to go on. The temptation to order a truck the way I want is strong.
Yep, that’s the one. None of the other dealers in OC seem to have the 7.3. The magnetic diesel tremor is in Tustin if you want to test that one out.
Like you, I’ll order exactly what I want rather than take something off the lot and pay for options I don’t want. Unless I can get extra options for cheaper than the order price I guess....

Klutch7

Yep, that’s the one. None of the other dealers in OC seem to have the 7.3. The magnetic diesel tremor is in Tustin if you want to test that one out.
Like you, I’ll order exactly what I want rather than take something off the lot and pay for options I don’t want. Unless I can get extra options for cheaper than the order price I guess....

Hah! I walked in and the dude gave me a funny look when I said I'm looking for the 7.3 gas Tremor. "What do you mean, you don't want the diesel? Everyone needs the diesel!" His exact words. Maybe the gasser can be had for a decent deal if it's getting looked over!

Saw the Magnetic one you mentioned but I honestly don't have much interest in the 6.7L diesel. I think it's an awesome engine and the torque is likely very addictive, but the added maintenance costs, initial cost, and possibility for costly repairs down the road due to the complexity compared to the pushrod gas motor (long-time GM guy mostly due to the venerable LS) makes the decision pretty straightforward for my use, which does not include much towing. That right there makes the whole thing a bit of an oxymoron, since a 3/4 ton is overkill for me, but who really buys only what they need nowadays, anyway?!

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Hah! I walked in and the dude gave me a funny look when I said I'm looking for the 7.3 gas Tremor. "What do you mean, you don't want the diesel? Everyone needs the diesel!" His exact words. Maybe the gasser can be had for a decent deal if it's getting looked over!

Saw the Magnetic one you mentioned but I honestly don't have much interest in the 6.7L diesel. I think it's an awesome engine and the torque is likely very addictive, but the added maintenance costs, initial cost, and possibility for costly repairs down the road due to the complexity compared to the pushrod gas motor (long-time GM guy mostly due to the venerable LS) makes the decision pretty straightforward for my use, which does not include much towing. That right there makes the whole thing a bit of an oxymoron, since a 3/4 ton is overkill for me, but who really buys only what they need nowadays, anyway?!
I'm in the same boat as you. GM guy looking to move to my first Ford, tow a few times a year, and agree on a 3/4 ton being a horrible daily driver. I figure they probably build the HD trucks to a higher spec since they're meant for work, so it'll last longer than a midsize or 1/2 ton. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Just out of curiosity, are either of the two GM HD's (Silverado or Sierra) with the new 6.6L gas in the running as well? Or solely looking at Ford? Just asking as you both mentioned being Gm guys.
I like the AT4 HD, but the limited-slip rear end, which I have in my 1500, leaves a bit to be desired, the hump in the floor in the backseat, lack of 10 speed, less powerful engine, and the lack of adaptive cruise control are knocks against it. I do like the fact that the GMC is a little cheaper, the rearview mirror can be a camera, and the fact that they have the option to "see through" the trailer in one of the camera modes. Pretty slick. I haven't driven one yet, and doubt it's a contender, but I will take it out before I make my decision.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I like the AT4 HD, but the limited-slip rear end, which I have in my 1500, leaves a bit to be desired, the hump in the floor in the backseat, lack of 10 speed, less powerful engine, and the lack of adaptive cruise control are knocks against it. I do like the fact that the GMC is a little cheaper, the rearview mirror can be a camera, and the fact that they have the option to "see through" the trailer in one of the camera modes. Pretty slick. I haven't driven one yet, and doubt it's a contender, but I will take it out before I make my decision.
Yes, that see through camera mode does seem pretty slick.

Klutch7

Just out of curiosity, are either of the two GM HD's (Silverado or Sierra) with the new 6.6L gas in the running as well? Or solely looking at Ford? Just asking as you both mentioned being Gm guys.

For me, this truck will be a long-term hold. I'm coming out of a string of Tahoes and GM performance vehicles. I think the LS and LT platforms are the best on the market for reliability, performance and cost. I looked at the AT4, but I can't get over the styling. I think the K2XX trucks ('14-'19) are gorgeous, but the new platform doesn't do it for me. When Ford announced the 7.3L (pushrod engine with 16 valves and port injection) I was very intrigued. Couple that with the Tremor Package (LSD front, drive modes, small lift and an decently aggressive factory-fitted tire), E-locker rear, plus all the other goodies from the factory and under warranty, and I feel its a better use of $60k right now.

Additionally, I feel like the newer GM truck interiors have come a long way in terms of finish and fitment, but still lag when compared to a mid-trim Ford or Dodge. We spend most of our time inside the truck, right?! I think the new 6.6 gas motor is likely just as stout as any, and the IFS will almost always be a better choice for comfort going down the road, but the solid axle is a better candidate for a truck that is a jack of all trades and would be owned for 7-10 years minimum. Just my $0.02!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles