Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
In the fall I added a programmable thermostat. Makes a big difference in A/h the furnace uses.
Programmable in what way? I just turn mine off or all the way down when we leave.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Alloy

Thermostat is is programmed to
10:00pm-7:00am - 45F
7:00am - 8:30am 65F
8:30am- 5:00pm 50F
5:00pm - 8:00pm 60F
8:00pm -10:00pm 55F

If we come back inside for lunch or having showers we bump the temp up.

I just added thermometers (still need a readout) to both FW tanks. These I hope will tell me if the temp can drop below 45F at night.

Justin Cook

I have not checked firmware, I will.

It's an older net gear. Probably at least 5 years old

Edit...

Firmware 2.18

And this is the adapter

b23ede116232497dbd16e2b0d09dad66.jpg
Once you get the FW updated, I'm thinking it might take that dongle... you might be tired of dicking with it by then, but I'd certainly be curious to know. Good luck with the rest of it! If you end up running into issues, you can follow the link in my sig to the Victron Community, where almost every question under the sun has already been answered at least once... and if it hasn't, we're always happy to see new questions.

java

Expedition Leader
Alright smart people...... Help me out here.

Installed batteries, charger etc. Set the charge profile to what the battery mfg speed. 14.7 bulk, and I don't remember float... According to the meter it was full, taking in no more Power(plugged in for a couple days).

We took it out this weekend, and by this morning batteries were dipping to 12.0 under load.... Shunt showed 95ah drawn out, and ~87% left (set at 500ah).

Battery temp was 39.8F (on the closet ones, the outer wall may be a little colder, but there is an air gap there)

****** is going on??

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Alright smart people...... Help me out here.

Installed batteries, charger etc. Set the charge profile to what the battery mfg speed. 14.7 bulk, and I don't remember float... According to the meter it was full, taking in no more Power(plugged in for a couple days).

We took it out this weekend, and by this morning batteries were dipping to 12.0 under load.... Shunt showed 95ah drawn out, and ~87% left (set at 500ah).

Battery temp was 39.8F (on the closet ones, the outer wall may be a little colder, but there is an air gap there)

****** is going on??

Under what kind of load? Did they immediately pop back up once said load was off?

Mine would do that as well

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Nothing bypassing the shunt? Did you by chance set the float to off? Or a very low number? Its possible when the charger finished, it stopped charging, and the batteries drifted down.

java

Expedition Leader
Nothing bypassing the shunt? Did you by chance set the float to off? Or a very low number? Its possible when the charger finished, it stopped charging, and the batteries drifted down.

The only think bypassing the shunt is power to the BMV.

It went to float when I plugged it in when we got home, so it shouldn't be off? I'll check when I get home....

luthj

Engineer In Residence
There could also be something funky like a float timer.

There are two other options.
-Loose connection causing voltage drop at the meter
-Batteries are way below capacity for some reason.

java

Expedition Leader
There could also be something funky like a float timer.

There are two other options.
-Loose connection causing voltage drop at the meter
-Batteries are way below capacity for some reason.

Meters agree on voltage. I'll check al the connections.....frustrating!

Alloy

What is the date code on the batteries?

By chance did you check the voltage on each 6V before installation?

Alloy

Yes it should.......you can check the number of synchronizations.

Our bank will be on solar from May to Oct with no synchronizations. There aren't enough hours in the day for solar to be in float long enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles