2020 Ford Transit AWD

theron

The front axle is probably not strong enough for a 4x4 tcase. I expect Quigley will continue to offer the f150 conversion.

It’s interesting to see more clearly now that it might still be cheaper and a better path to get the 2WD van and go with the Quigley system @ $15,000. Unless that price on the Quigley website doesn’t include labor? There isn’t a ton of detail on what’s included

If you want to run 33” tires that might be the only way too.

You could get a nice 2020 RWD transit van for $35,000 and get a 4x4 conversion and be in for the same as the AWD flavor.

And have a transfer case.

Last edited:

ericvs

The AWD Transit being around 15k less than Sprinter will be a huge selling point.

I am def not seeing this price difference. I have internet built each a bunch of times they come up to about the same price? I am def not seeing a $15k difference in price.

Here is the sprinter, with no options, 4x4 diesel 2500

1579723639893.png

and here is the ecoboost awd transit, 9550lbs. high roof, long body:
1579723952904.png

I am def not seeing a $15k difference, where are you seeing this?

Attachments

• 1579723540501.png
    1579723540501.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1579723589355.png
    1579723589355.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The transit will get some discount from MSRP probably. The 4x4 sprinters typically sell for MSRP. But its definitely not $15k when similarly optioned.

theron

I am def not seeing this price difference. I have internet built each a bunch of times they come up to about the same price? I am def not seeing a $15k difference in price.

View attachment 563094

View attachment 563099

Every Sprinter 4x4 I saw for sale on lots when I was looking in December 2019 was 62-65k.

That’s 15k more (compared to $62k sprinter) than the well optioned 3.5L ecoboost, AWD, high roof I ordered. Included the bigger fuel tank, swivel seats, towing, electronic packages, etc etc.

Edit:

Looking on Auto Trader today it looks like you can get a 2019 Sprinter 4x4 high roof for 55k, but doesn’t look like they have swivel seats and such at that price point.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

View attachment 563094

View attachment 563099

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have a cargo sprinter high roof and a mid roof passenger Transit in this comparison? The sticker on my mid roof long T250 AWD 3.5 was 46 and change. Ford already has some good incentives including one if you're the current owner of an E series. I was out the door @ 43.

ericvs

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have a cargo sprinter high roof and a mid roof passenger Transit in this comparison? The sticker on my mid roof long T250 AWD 3.5 was 46 and change. Ford already has some good incentives including one if you're the current owner of an E series. I was out the door @ 43.
ah, true. I was going fast and overlooked that. here is one more comparable to the sprinter above:
1579795070062.png

regardless, seems like the awd transits are actually much less overall with incentives etc than the spinters, which is good!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
$2500 Ford Transit rebate if you own a GM van...
Been looking at GM box trucks lately.....;)

Will a title work? Or does it have to be a registration? I gave Ford a copy of my registration but I agree, will be looking for a cheap GM junk van if I just need to do some title work!

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
It would be great it a vendor or vendors developer a separate gear reduction device that could be coupled with the stock Central differential. A low range with a 2:1 gear would be totally enough for this application. It’s worth noting that the Spriner’s low range gear is only 1.7:1.

billiebob

I have to say, I really like the new Transit vans but after going head to head on the highway with one..... They are not that good.

Me in a TJR towing 2000 pounds. A shiny new Transit van. We were heading for the ferry and due to wait 30 minutes when he wanted by.... First straight passing zone I lifted let him pass easy. Other side off the ferry, uphill, side by side, he could not out accelerate a 15 year old Jeep with a 35 year old engine. I love driving competitive.... He could not keep up on the mountain corners, he only caught up on the straight aways. And on the 2 mile 3 lane, the Transit van could not pass a 15 year old Jeep with a 35 year old engine design,,,, oh and did I say I was towing 2000#.

Man I love saving $50K? And getting the better performing vehicle. Did I mention this was winter driving? And he was trying hard.

T town

Hard to say what’s going on in other people’s heads. Maybe he was trying, maybe not. Maybe he was oblivious to the fact there waa race going on and was listening to Pink Floyd.
Maybe it was not an ecoboost.
Maybe he had 5,000 lbs inside where you didn’t see it.
Go drive one and see what you think. Report back. I’d like to hear someone’s impressions since I’m going to buy one. Always interesting to me. Many things mean many different things to many different people.

billiebob

Hard to say what’s going on in other people’s heads. Maybe he was trying, maybe not. Maybe he was oblivious to the fact there waa race going on and was listening to Pink Floyd.
Maybe it was not an ecoboost.
Maybe he had 5,000 lbs inside where you didn’t see it.
Go drive one and see what you think. Report back. I’d like to hear someone’s impressions since I’m going to buy one. Always interesting to me. Many things mean many different things to many different people.
ya had to be there ... but I'll spend $50K on travel and gas instead

Of course, the Transit offers exponentially more space than a TJR plus a teardrop .... not.

MarcusBrody

so you got in a pissing match with a stranger where you both drove like idiots , you were so chuffed that you won ,that you decided to come here and brag about it and tell us what a bunch of fools we are?
Yep. This is one of the cringey-est things I've read on the internet. Which is impressive, as the internet is a cringey place. A dude bragging about loving "driving competitive" in a race with a cargo van, the driver of which was likely either oblivious or wondering why this guy kept wanting to pass if he wasn't going to maintain relative speed after. Then, instead of being ashamed of himself, he comes to a camper van forum to talk up his "victory".

I suspect this dude can throw a football over a mountain and could have won states if the coach had just put him in during the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles