4x4'ing up to a glacier in British Columbia (no, not the one with tour buses)!

XPEDBC

Adventurer
img_5624test.jpg

img_5488.jpg

img_5629b.jpg

A collection of photos from our ongoing research in British Columbia to find the highest drive-able roads. For this one, we didn't reach any new records but we drove to the foot of a giant glacier in the Kootenay Region!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Took a ride with you via your photos. Gods country for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing the secret of the incredible beauty of the B.C. Rockies. The the oft used tourist promotion name of “Super Natural” certainly applies accurately to this area.

And, technically, you might want to add to your exploration list the old dirt mining access road that goes way up past the head of Salmon Glacier, outside of Stuart B.C. over on the coast. The Salmon is the fifth largest glacier in all of Canada. The coastal mountains there (The Cassiars?) may not be quite as high as the Rockies but from sea level base to top, you’ve got a contender.

3307FBA9-6B5F-4C88-840D-FE827CA6DF85.jpeg

Last edited:

XPEDBC

Adventurer
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing the secret of the incredible beauty of the B.C. Rockies. The the oft used tourist promotion name of “Super Natural” certainly applies accurately to this area.

And, technically, you might want to add to your exploration list the old dirt mining access road that goes way up past the head of Salmon Glacier, outside of Stuart B.C. over on the coast. The Salmon is the fifth largest glacier in all of Canada. The coastal mountains there (The Cassiars?) may not be quite as high as the Rockies but from sea level base to top, you’ve got a contender.

View attachment 562918

Agreed, beautiful! Been up there twice but the elevation is still quite low. I’ll be back there several more times I’m sure. 4A3A9E2D-4C05-41EF-8656-333E0CAE07A0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz