LR3 lowering to access mode overnight

Blaise

Nah, just put the right fuse in there once you’re done with your height-drop experiment :)

SpreadTheGroove

So after one night the front has lost 1 inch and the rear stayed the same.

Im thinking to do the following,

Replace front air block(im from quebec and we salt roads in the winter. Dont think it will be worth rebuilding)
Replacing the F3 fuse with a 5a
F3 had some vert de gris on it. I might replace the other ones just for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after one night the front has lost 1 inch and the rear stayed the same.

Im thinking to do the following,

Replace front air block(im from quebec and we salt roads in the winter. Dont think it will be worth rebuilding)
Replacing the F3 fuse with a 5a
F3 had some vert de gris on it. I might replace the other ones just for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order the rebuild kits and rebuild them; you have to access the valve kit anyway to take it out and the front is fairly easy to get to. Kits are super easy to rebuild and takes about 45min once the block is out.

Here is the link for the kits that I posted a while back.

LR3/4 EAS Valve Block Rebuild

gatorgrizz27

Curious about this as well, mine has started lowering to the similar height in the front only. It looks like it’s around access height, it’s not on the bumpstops.

I disconnected the battery and it didn’t sink down, which makes me think it might be a sensor issue rather than a leak.

No codes with the IID tool other than “lost communication with ride level control module” sometimes.

SpreadTheGroove

Order the rebuild kits and rebuild them; you have to access the valve kit anyway to take it out and the front is fairly easy to get to. Kits are super easy to rebuild and takes about 45min once the block is out.

Here is the link for the kits that I posted a while back.

LR3/4 EAS Valve Block Rebuild

I've seen that, wasn't sure if was worth rebuilding on a northeast truck. All day at work it hasnt moved. pretty confident that rebuilding that and refreshing the fuses will work. Like I said the old ones had some vert de gris that i wiped off and everything seems to be fine now. my compressor will fosure give out and one point but right now i dont think i need one

Blaise

Really glad that it looks like the simplest solution may fix your problem! Long live the EAS!

Curious about this as well, mine has started lowering to the similar height in the front only. It looks like it’s around access height, it’s not on the bumpstops.

I disconnected the battery and it didn’t sink down, which makes me think it might be a sensor issue rather than a leak.

No codes with the IID tool other than “lost communication with ride level control module” sometimes.

Leaking valves will not throw a code; what you may see is a constantly running compressor or a compressor over-temp of sorts.

SpreadTheGroove

So I changed all the suspension related fuses. None of them were blown but some were really corroded. I parked it next to my store in its highest setting. One of my employes noticed it lowering itself at one point but it sounded more like it was attempting to self level. It honestly looks the same height as when I parked it. I called the dealer in Montreal and they do not have a rebuild kit for the valve block. A new valve block is 212$ canadian. Cheaper than any us online parts supplier (i'll have to pay exchange rate, shipping and most likely duties.)

Would it be worth replacing? I am thinking of leaving it as is for now. From what i'm reading if I replace it I need to change/overhaul the air dryer, at that point im pretty sure my compressor is original so replace that too, and it snowballs from there...

Thoughts?

BTW You guys have been super helpful and it's really appreciated!

Blaise

Yes, it was just self-leveling, not lowering. That's normal.

It's $23 for the rebuild kit. If the front lowers only, that's all ya need.

You don't need a new valve block. It's just O rings. How to:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles