New Defender News

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
If push comes to shove, there will probably be a buyer of JLR. Maybe the Germans will be interested (again).

BTW, since you seem to concentrate on the owners of JLR, and not JLR itself. Have you posted anything about Chrysler to that extent when you argued for the Wrangler "tech"? Or even FIAT?

Or, hell, you seemed to be a proponent of ballooning debts when it came to Tesla, arguing that debt was a necessity.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
If push comes to shove, there will probably be a buyer of JLR. Maybe the Germans will be interested (again).

BTW, since you seem to concentrate on the owners of JLR, and not JLR itself. Have you posted anything about Chrysler to that extent when you argued for the Wrangler "tech"? Or even FIAT?

Or, hell, you seemed to be a proponent of ballooning debts when it came to Tesla, arguing that debt was a necessity.

You seem to create from thin air for the sake of arguing. I'll pass.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
You seem to create from thin air for the sake of arguing. I'll pass.
Nothing I said was untrue: You post link after link about Tata being indebted. When you talked about jeeps earlier on, you posted nothing about Chrysler or Fiat. And in the Tesla threads, you defended the debt ballooning from 2 billion before October 2016 to 17 billion now.

You can't see a problem with this type of selective argumentation? You can't see the hypocrisy in your arguments?

Of course you'll pass. That's how you do things.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
The new Luxury Defender will move upmarket while it appears Land Rover's entry level will be Tata Harrier based and possibly built in India.

Land Rover to use Tata Harrier platform – For new affordable SUV launch

Land Rover has started work on their most affordable SUV till date, which will be built on the Tata Harrier platform.
Ashwin Ram N P
December 11, 2019

More Mini Countryman than Defender.

And I'll take a hard pass on that "affordable SUV". If I wanted an "affordable SUV" as the main thing, I'd probably buy something from KIA or Hyundai.Or, hell, get myself a Volvo Vxx Cross Country.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
The latest political news will be good for Land Rover. I'm expecting good things to come from the improved trade relations.

Boris Johnson's Victory Heralds A Golden Era In US-UK Relations

Boris Johnson has only been back in Downing Street a few days following his stunning victory in Britain's general election, but there are already early signs that his premiership will preside over a dramatic revival in transatlantic relations not seen since the heyday of Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher..........

........The first indication of a revival in relations between Washington and London came when Mr Trump was one of the first world leaders to congratulate Mr Johnson on his historic win -- he secured the largest Conservative majority since Mrs Thatcher's third election victory in 1987 -- and immediately promised to strike a "massive" new trade deal with the UK post-Brexit. The US president said a future US-UK trade agreement has "the potential to be far bigger and more lucrative" than any deal that could have been made with the EU.

Indeed, with Mr Johnson assured of being Britain's prime minister for the next five years, and Mr Trump well-placed to secure re-election in next year's presidential election contest, there is every prospect that the two leaders could herald a new golden era of transatlantic relations not seen since the alliance of Mrs Thatcher and US President Ronald Reagan in the 1980s.........."

Expect the JLR product line to be expanded, with more options, as US/UK trade expands while EU disintegrates.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Basically a hard Brexit. From before the latest election outcome that will result in a hard Brexit.

Tory MP Owen Paterson claims a hard Brexit will be 'good' for Jaguar Land Rover - here's why

A senior Tory Brexiteer has batted away concerns raised by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) over a hard Brexit by claiming it would leave Britain’s biggest car maker in a “wonderful position”.
The former Conservative minister Owen Paterson stated that manufacturers in the car industry would be “far better off” if Britain cut its ties with the European Union and reverted to World Trade Organisation rules...........

......Mr Paterson, who has repeatedly called on Theresa May to withdraw from the EU and trade on WTO rules, contradicted the business leader, stating that such companies would save money rather than lose it under a no deal scenario.

“If we really do leave the Customs Union, Jaguar Land Rover will have access to cheaper parts and components all around the world and the European suppliers will be forced to compete or they will lose Jaguar Land Rover’s business,” told the BBC.

By leaving the customs union, the single market and European Court of Justice (ECJ) would put JLR in a “wonderful position to compete world wide because they would be able to buy components cheaper around the world”, he added...........
"

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
It has started.

FR-LR-DEFENDER-2020-Adventure-expedition-1_longV2.jpg

JackW

Explorer
It's the only bright color in the whole line up so that's my choice as well. One thing Land Rover could learn from Jeep and Toyota is the interesting choices of colors that those other brands offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior