TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Cletus26

Adventurer
Thread rival
778dc2c5a68868049df7fa94d72c0a1e.jpg

idriveabox

IMG_0031.JPG

Just picked up this 06 DC. Still sorting the mechanical and have so far done all the basic and common tundra items...lbj, timing belt etc.

Some great build threads on here for inspiration.

2scars

Adventurer
If you are referring to the maroon one above, no. That is the what those TRD Pro (SEMA) wheels sit on the double cab. The tires were shot on those wheels, so I switched them for the 4th gen 4runner wheels I have with Coopers on them and they also ride a bit more "flush" than on the 05 Access Cab Tundra I have. the more I compare the two trucks, the more they are different.

tennesseewj

Observer
If you are referring to the maroon one above, no. That is the what those TRD Pro (SEMA) wheels sit on the double cab. The tires were shot on those wheels, so I switched them for the 4th gen 4runner wheels I have with Coopers on them and they also ride a bit more "flush" than on the 05 Access Cab Tundra I have. the more I compare the two trucks, the more they are different.
Yeah the amount of flare coverage on these double cabs is crazy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SC T100

Adventurer
Well, my first post in this thread was almost ten (!) years ago, but sadly since Photobucket nuked everything my old T100 photo isn't there anymore. But this is the "new" beasty...2005 Tundra DC 4WD. Picked it up in early 2018 with 190K and desperately needing some maintenance. It's pretty well squared away now and just passed 200K a week or so ago. Had to find a truck that had more than just a driver's airbag with the arrival of our little one, and picked this up (full curtain and side airbags) for a great deal as it came in on trade at a local dealership.

The clearcoat on the hoof and roof is currently disintegrating, and has a few dents and dings, but is otherwise a really solid truck. Did a suspension refresh with Rancho QuickLifts in the front, and Rancho shocks and 1.5" blocks in the rear, with SuspenionMaxx extended sway bar endlinks and a set of new Amazon-sourced headlights. Also had the driveshaft rebuilt. Currently riding on 275/70R17 KO2s. Recent plugs, K&N filter refresh that came with the truck, timing belt/WP and serpentine belt service, and OEM upper and lower ball joints. And lots, and lots of other little things. Currently needs some door upholstery reglued and the clearcoat/paint redone, and a slight clunk in the front addressed (I'm hoping the poly steering rack bushings fix it). It's not a daily so it's hard to justify the paint expense. But overall it's been a great truck, and a testament to Toyota build quailty on these first gens. I do hate the seat clunk, but that rear roll-down window is awesome.

IMG_20190722_131556 - 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles