Land Rover defender 110 Alu Cab conversion

rlynch356

Defyota
Custom fab on a Safety devices cage.. we think there is enough room to run the bars into the side panel of the Alucab, then build a custom interior cage top. couple of issues to work out there though with sealing and design so that it does not compromise strength. Also weighing out using a Safety Devices or custom internal roll cage for the rear then attaching at the B pillar to a Station Wagon NAS 90 front hoop and supports, which is, probably the easier way to go.
so TBD waiting on engine swap.

Shoogs

Shoogs
I have had one done in Australia about a year ago, great conversion, though I think they are optimistic in saying it only takes a day, takes about 4 in reality as the roof can be difficult to align and there is some electrical work, well worth it though.

.image0.jpegIMG_1192.JPG

Bajab

Thank you for showing your rig very nice. Glade to hear you thought it well worth the effort to do and the tip that it will take longer than a day. Kinda thought a day timeline was a little optimistic so what you said makes more sense to me.

Thanks
Bob

Bajab

My wife and I also had the conversion done by Marcus and we are really happy with it as well. Love the picture and thank you for all the info you offered. Happy and safe travels

Bajab

Oh just a side note. We discovered that after putting on the front runner rack that it was a lot more difficult to lift up the top because of the extra weight and we got a little concerned because we plan to put paddle boards on the rack as well. It turns out that after talking to AluCab we need to upgrade the struts to heavier duty ones so it you plan on putting on a rack just wanted to give you a heads up. You may have ordered your top with heavy duty struts but ours did not come with heavy duty structs so we are ordering some from Alu Cab.

Attachments

• AluCab top conversion.jpeg
    AluCab top conversion.jpeg
    930.4 KB · Views: 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles