What do you use for a truck gun?

ricardo

Observer
From my Geländewagen days in the _______ Forces, nothing fits the bill better than a old faithful ...

Heckler & Koch Maschinenpistole 5

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Boomer? That's pretty funny snowflake talk!

You can worship the altar of the underpowered 9mm all you want, not my choice and not the choice of any of the local LEOs I work with, most of the local PD and Sheriff deputies are packing S&W MP40s, some have the odd .45 and 1 packs a Colt 10mm, most agencies that use 9's do it because of cost of ammo, cheap rounds means more rounds for practice and carry.

No punisher sticker, that's for snowflakes and idiots...
And my Sig is always in my vehicle, unattended a lot but not unsecured, I guess in your little world if it isn't locked in a safe where it's unusable and unloaded that means it's unsecured? Not here and not mine.
I don't lock the jack or the fire extinguisher for the same reason, IF I need them and they are locked up then they are absolutely no good and might as well not have them.
So hide out in your narrow little world all afraid that someone might steal your gun but I'm not going to, truck is always locked and that only keeps the honest out, criminals want a gun they will get one even if they have to break into a gun store or someones house and take their safe, can't stop criminals from committing crime and making it harder for the honest people isn't going to stop them!

ricardo

Observer
Boomer? That's pretty funny snowflake talk!

You can worship the altar of the underpowered 9mm all you want, not my choice and not the choice of any of the local LEOs I work with, most of the local PD and Sheriff deputies are packing S&W MP40s, some have the odd .45 and 1 packs a Colt 10mm, most agencies that use 9's do it because of cost of ammo, cheap rounds means more rounds for practice and carry.

No punisher sticker, that's for snowflakes and idiots...
And my Sig is always in my vehicle, unattended a lot but not unsecured, I guess in your little world if it isn't locked in a safe where it's unusable and unloaded that means it's unsecured? Not here and not mine.
I don't lock the jack or the fire extinguisher for the same reason, IF I need them and they are locked up then they are absolutely no good and might as well not have them.
So hide out in your narrow little world all afraid that someone might steal your gun but I'm not going to, truck is always locked and that only keeps the honest out, criminals want a gun they will get one even if they have to break into a gun store or someones house and take their safe, can't stop criminals from committing crime and making it harder for the honest people isn't going to stop them!
in our case, We all run 10mm from the factory with some "magic at the tips"

Anything above level 3 was impervious but they were made for extremely fast door to door deployment..

Also remember this data is from 30 years ago, living in the US I never found the need to have any, Abasive, defensive riding (Two Moto training camps with the SIS) and advance patterns of recognition (really advance Semiotic science studies, 8 semesters in fact) had been sufficient so far..

shade

Sure you do, and you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the firearm that killed them was taken from an unlocked and unsecured pickemup too can't you!
Actually, I can.

Why don't you wear a holster and carry a gun with you? That's the way professionals do it.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Actually, I can.

Why don't you wear a holster and carry a gun with you? That's the way professionals do it.
Sure you can.....
Because that's the only way a criminal can get a firearm is unsecured vehicles right, just like mexican cartels can only get their firearms from america.....

Not a professional and only open carry at camp, no desire to open carry in town and no need for CCW in Nevada as open carry IS legal so no CCW either.

shade

Sure you can.....
Because that's the only way a criminal can get a firearm is unsecured vehicles right, just like mexican cartels can only get their firearms from america.....

Not a professional and only open carry at camp, no desire to open carry in town and no need for CCW in Nevada as open carry IS legal so no CCW either.
No, that's not the only way a criminal can get a gun. I never said that, did I?

I never said you were a professional.

There are plenty of concealed holster options.

I never questioned the legality of what you're doing.

Now that we've cleared all of that up, I'll ask again: Why don't you wear a holster and carry a gun with you? That's the way professionals do it.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
No, that's not the only way a criminal can get a gun. I never said that, did I?

I never said you were a professional.

There are plenty of concealed holster options.

I never questioned the legality of what you're doing.

Now that we've cleared all of that up, I'll ask again: Why don't you wear a holster and carry a gun with you? That's the way professionals do it.

Asked and answered, no desire and not a professional!

shade

Asked and answered, no desire and not a professional!
No, you're dodging.

I'll take your response as, "I do what I want because I can."

And that's ok. No need to dodge.

If you feel the need to have a firearm at hand, I still recommend carrying one in a holster. It's a simple, effective way to always have a gun at hand, in the same place every time, secure at all times, and in a known condition.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
No, you're dodging.

I'll take your response as, "I do what I want because I can."

And that's ok. No need to dodge.

If you feel the need to have a firearm at hand, I still recommend carrying one in a holster. It's a simple, effective way to always have a gun at hand, in the same place every time, secure at all times, and in a known condition.
Dodging what? An idiotic question that has been answered! You are correct about one thing though, I do what I want because I can! That's not a "dodge" it's a very valid point... because I can!
Why do you ask inane questions? Because you can!

So the basis of your question is you want to know why I don't carry a firearm at all times? Same reason I don't carry a fire extinguisher or a jack in a holster, no need! A firearm is a tool that I keep in my truck at all times unless I want to carry it, it's no different than the knife in my pocket or the hatchet I carry on my belt at camp, Are you trying to make a point about carrying firearms because I am afraid for my life or because it makes me feel like a ************? I don't get your inane questions and the point about "professionals"... what professionals? Do you mean LEO's? If I wanted to be a "professional" like a cop I would have gone that route, but I don't and didn't so I still don't follow your reasoning!

chet6.7

Explorer
309.jpg

Like a pro.

shade

Dodging what? An idiotic question that has been answered! You are correct about one thing though, I do what I want because I can! That's not a "dodge" it's a very valid point... because I can!
Why do you ask inane questions? Because you can!

So the basis of your question is you want to know why I don't carry a firearm at all times? Same reason I don't carry a fire extinguisher or a jack in a holster, no need! A firearm is a tool that I keep in my truck at all times unless I want to carry it, it's no different than the knife in my pocket or the hatchet I carry on my belt at camp, Are you trying to make a point about carrying firearms because I am afraid for my life or because it makes me feel like a ************? I don't get your inane questions and the point about "professionals"... what professionals? Do you mean LEO's? If I wanted to be a "professional" like a cop I would have gone that route, but I don't and didn't so I still don't follow your reasoning!

The "basis of my question" was very clear to anyone that actually read the question, without overlaying it with the obfuscation you bring to so many discussions. As I said, you can do as you want, and I never asked why you don't carry a firearm at all times.

There's a reason why people that carry firearms for a living (you know, professionals) use holsters, and I listed several. If you choose to do otherwise, that's your call to make. No need to continually veer off on whatever convenient tangent that comes along to avoid discussing something that makes you uncomfortable.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
The "basis of my question" was very clear to anyone that actually read the question, without overlaying it with the obfuscation you bring to so many discussions. As I said, you can do as you want, and I never asked why you don't carry a firearm at all times.

There's a reason why people that carry firearms for a living (you know, professionals) use holsters, and I listed several. If you choose to do otherwise, that's your call to make. No need to continually veer off on whatever convenient tangent that comes along to avoid discussing something that makes you uncomfortable.
The title of this thread is "what do you use for a truck gun", and here you are asking about why don't I use a holster like a "professional", so I have been trying to understand the basis of your question, why do I need to carry in a holster like a "professional"? it's a truck gun, no need to carry and no need for a holster!
you are the epitome of obfuscation on the portal, you come here asking ignorant questions about carrying like a professional in a thread about truck guns. why don't you just go hide behind your precious ignore button.

shade

Most people don't want to walk around with a long gun,they may choose to keep it in a vehicle.I can't carry a handgun into every place I go,even with my permit,it is left in the vehicle when I go into those locations.
Very reasonable. I'd prefer concealed firearms be allowed in most places, but private property owner rights should be respected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles