5th gen RAM AEV

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The real 5th gens will be out in 2022 before that bumper is...

Seriously, my 2019 is at the local rail yard waiting on a truck transport. I can't wait to start the build. That bumper might be a contender.

Explorerinil

Observer
I assume this will be officially announced at SEMA. But that’s a good spy photo.

Not a fan of that giant brush guard though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have mixed feelings on it, I feel that a AEV listened to their customers on this. I have read murmurous requests that the ram AEV bumper offer more grill protection. None the less this looks like a promising truck for overlanders.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have mixed feelings on it, I feel that a AEV listened to their customers on this. I have read murmurous requests that the ram AEV bumper offer more grill protection. None the less this looks like a promising truck for overlanders.
I would personally want the grill protection. Thinking it would help protect the rad in the event of an animal strike... maybe...

The truck looks good. But, personally I would wait for the all new HD trucks to come out.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Unfortunately, this means that any new products or updates to the 4th gen most likely aren’t going to happen.

AEV is notorious for abandoning old body styles as soon as the new ones come out. It’s exceptionally frustrating too because they usually don’t release parts for 2-3 years into a body style too.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Unfortunately, this means that any new products or updates to the 4th gen most likely aren’t going to happen.

AEV is notorious for abandoning old body styles as soon as the new ones come out. It’s exceptionally frustrating too because they usually don’t release parts for 2-3 years into a body style too.

You're 100% correct. I remember the first AEV Sema Truck, and it left the pre 2014 HD Ram owners hanging in regards to the lift kit and future products. If AEV had offered a lift for my truck, I may have ended up with 37" tires and their bumper. I guess in the long run they saved me some money as I've yet to lift my truck. I also never loved the front bumper because the lack of grill protection.

nater

Adventurer

They have said the rear bumper would fit both the 4th and 5th gens, but as you said, we will see...

ttengineer

Adventurer
They have said the rear bumper would fit both the 4th and 5th gens, but as you said, we will see...

The rear bumper looks like garbage to me.

It’s literally an AEV JK bumper for a Ram and doesn’t match the aesthetics of the truck.

I’m still not convinced they are going to make it. 2 years they’ve been showing it and it’s still not here. Either way, I’d go for a Thuren rear bumper or the Expedition One (which also has its own issues)

nater

Adventurer
The rear bumper looks like garbage to me.

It’s literally an AEV JK bumper for a Ram and doesn’t match the aesthetics of the truck.

I’m still not convinced they are going to make it. 2 years they’ve been showing it and it’s still not here. Either way, I’d go for a Thuren rear bumper or the Expedition One (which also has its own issues)

After having expedition one on my fj cruiser, I would rather bolt a poo covered log onto the back of my truck and lick it daily. Don't know if that tells you how strongly I feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles