• 87CE9D09-61E8-4D43-9083-F8741CBA2590.jpeg
    87CE9D09-61E8-4D43-9083-F8741CBA2590.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 0A5E8F6F-E9BA-4364-BC30-F7B20F698635.jpeg
    0A5E8F6F-E9BA-4364-BC30-F7B20F698635.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 40

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Looks awesome Marn, keep up the good work, I really like the steps, they look to be very useful.

They are great. I used them today when putting the tent up and cleaning it. Huge improvement over trying to step allllll the way up onto the fender or the tub, then having to jump down.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I am anxiously waiting for a photo of your JLU pulling this through the desert!

Me too! Sadly, no plans until October which Is why I did the refresh these past few weekends. We've got company and/or are traveling dang near the whole month of September. We plan to hit it hard around here when we get back though.

mooseis2402

Got my stabilizer jacks today. I can see how you attached them to the rear crossmember on the frame. Do you have any pictures or can you let me know how/if you attached them at another point. They are slightly too short to bolt using the single pre-drilled hole in the jack at the other end. Did you attach them to the next crossmember in?

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Did you figure out a lighting solution for inside the RTT? I used LED strip lights (waterproof and sticky tape to mount). Just solder on wire to the length you want to mount, peel the sticky tape and press on to the bars in the tent. Stays there permanently. I would add some small zip ties between lights for added security. I have a two stage one in my RTT....i think 6-8 lights on one switch and then about two feet of tape for full brightness. I was able to add some lights to my ladder by placing some underneath the floor at the ladder mount. Makes getting in and out at night awesome now.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Got my stabilizer jacks today. I can see how you attached them to the rear crossmember on the frame. Do you have any pictures or can you let me know how/if you attached them at another point. They are slightly too short to bolt using the single pre-drilled hole in the jack at the other end. Did you attach them to the next crossmember in?

I’m sorry if you still need help I can get pics. I believe I angled them so that the holes hit the crossmember

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Did you figure out a lighting solution for inside the RTT? I used LED strip lights (waterproof and sticky tape to mount). Just solder on wire to the length you want to mount, peel the sticky tape and press on to the bars in the tent. Stays there permanently. I would add some small zip ties between lights for added security. I have a two stage one in my RTT....i think 6-8 lights on one switch and then about two feet of tape for full brightness. I was able to add some lights to my ladder by placing some underneath the floor at the ladder mount. Makes getting in and out at night awesome now.

I never did repair or replace the interior lighting that failed.

I have lights inside the annex and the switch is mounted right next to the ladder so I can reach it from above or below really easily

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
The 2013 produced STA brand NDT tires that I got on my trailer we’re starting to fail, so I upgraded to some radials. Got a pair of 215/85r16 Kumho AT51’s. I had these on my Dakota and liked them.

I kept the (significantly) better condition NDT tire as my spare seeing as its super close to the same size as the radials.

I also went through and repacked/inspected the bearings today. Everything seemed fine.

92A677B9-FD2B-4745-A9AD-6F58FAA767C3.jpeg4486D200-8D8F-496A-9059-86823ECAEF4A.jpegAD8C3E47-F0FB-4A96-B062-00A8CC3F957C.jpegB0C7ADE4-9926-4D4F-9C18-CF7CD467F712.jpeg

mooseis2402

I’m sorry if you still need help I can get pics. I believe I angled them so that the holes hit the crossmember

No worries. I used some small pieces of scrap to span the gap between the jacks and the inner cross member. I figured that should be enough and definitely holds them in place.
f77f929d386de4203129c563aefa5d4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94