The VORSHEER VRT (extremely light, motorcycle tow-able trailer)

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
This is a mock up of what we are thinking of producing:

Untitled5.JPG

Untitled4-1.JPG

We want it to be extremely light (around 300 lbs dry). Current dimensions are 10' x 5'6" and 4'9" tall.

Given the limited size, we'd like to know what are the must have features that you'd like to see on a trailer that is motorcycle/trike tow-able?
What kind of ground clearance?
Is electrical important? What appliances?
If we're able to have a water tank, what's the smallest amount of water you think would work?

We may have a prototype at SEMA in Vegas on Nov. 5-8th. We are going to start a weekly newsletter specific for the VRT so if you'd like to get updates as it is designed and produced send me an email: davidr@vorsheer.com

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Untitled2-2.jpg
    Untitled2-2.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

GHI

Adventurer
I'm not currently in the market for anything like this. You mentioned what's the smallest amount of water tank. My first reaction was where and how much fuel could I carry on this bad boy. I've done cross country trips on a motorcycle. Water was never an issue. It was super annoying to have to continuously pull into a petrol station on my limited gas tank. If I was doing some overlanding on a motorcycle I'd love to have an on-board refueling station, jerry can mounting system , or whatever even on something this small. Food for thought.

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I'm not currently in the market for anything like this. You mentioned what's the smallest amount of water tank. My first reaction was where and how much fuel could I carry on this bad boy. I've done cross country trips on a motorcycle. Water was never an issue. It was super annoying to have to continuously pull into a petrol station on my limited gas tank. If I was doing some overlanding on a motorcycle I'd love to have an on-board refueling station, jerry can mounting system , or whatever even on something this small. Food for thought.

That's an awesome suggestion! I like it a lot. We could incorporate a jerry can mounting system on the rear of the trailer (similar to our XOC hatch rack).

- David R.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHI

Model97

Here is a very outside perspective since i don't have a bike. Even with truck pulled trailers many people don't use the water system. Or the commode. It needs to be winterized, it can leak, it takes up space, etc. etc. Much easier to just buy 1 or 2.5 gal disposable water containers from the grocery story as you need. But I know to sell commercially people get enamored with more and more options. Personally I would like to see more good quality de-contented trailers that are affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles