Gladiators on the Rubicon Trail

jadmt

ignore button user
I have done the Rubicon Trail and it is not the hardest rocky trail. not nearly as hard as the dusy ershim but still impressive that they did altho man those rock stackers were getting a work out. should have been wearing back supports. Also I realize they wanted more ground clearance but they might have been a little better airing down a bit.

GB_Willys_2014

So, do you think it deserves the title Rubicon?

Good video

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
IMHO, no. Too much assistance rendered.

I think the test has to be more than just passage with minimal trail rash. If I want to take my stock Gladiator on the Rubicon (not that I do, or would), I don't want to have to go with 4 or 5 of my best friends to push and pile rocks.

What is your opinion?

Superduty

Adventurer
IMHO, no. Too much assistance rendered.

I think the test has to be more than just passage with minimal trail rash. If I want to take my stock Gladiator on the Rubicon (not that I do, or would), I don't want to have to go with 4 or 5 of my best friends to push and pile rocks.

What is your opinion?
I totally agree. Too much assistance needed. If two stock gladiators went they would need winches to continually unstick the other.

I also agree that the Dusy Ershim is a tougher trail overall. 30 miles of rock is unrelenting.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Wow, very cringy. They literally just dragged those through the trail. A few things stood out to me:
1. The lead spotter, the dude with the tats and the build, what an awesome attitude he projected throughout. Quality dude.
2. Lack of gloves really bothered me. Not only useful for rock stacking, but orange or yellow gloves are super useful in spotting.
3. Looked like they didn't air down. I'm sure that was to preserve ground clearance, but man did those tires disappoint. Either switch tires to an MT, or air down and climb out of the stuck.
4. Stock height of the Gladiator is just too low for this kind of use
5. Front stubby bumper surprisingly effective.
6. Would be curious to see how the change would be if those rigs were loaded up for a traditional trip, with food, camping gear, tools, spares, recovery gear, first aid, etc... Depending on air lift for all that is totally cheating

FlightMedicJP

Wow, very cringy. They literally just dragged those through the trail. A few things stood out to me:
1. The lead spotter, the dude with the tats and the build, what an awesome attitude he projected throughout. Quality dude.
2. Lack of gloves really bothered me. Not only useful for rock stacking, but orange or yellow gloves are super useful in spotting.
3. Looked like they didn't air down. I'm sure that was to preserve ground clearance, but man did those tires disappoint. Either switch tires to an MT, or air down and climb out of the stuck.
6. Would be curious to see how the change would be if those rigs were loaded up for a traditional trip, with food, camping gear, tools, spares, recovery gear, first aid, etc... Depending on air lift for all that is totally cheating

I forget his name, but he was Jeep Jambo Uwharrie driving the JL and spotted a bunch of us on day 1. Really nice guy.

FlightMedicJP

I forget his name, but he was Jeep Jambo Uwharrie driving the JL and spotted a bunch of us on day 1. Really nice guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier