What do you use for a truck gun?

JakeH

Adventurer
Ray has a sweet blaster there, but I'd take that 45-70 for my dollar! Pure classic american art right there

Ray_G

Explorer
Ray has a sweet blaster there, but I'd take that 45-70 for my dollar! Pure classic american art right there
Nothing wrong with a classic, especially like that. I think if I had need for something that would work well in a scabbard it might be something like that.

Admittedly the blaster is mostly just b/c of a lot of muscle memory with the controls...and an affinity for making smaller and smaller versions of what I got used to having as an extension of my body for so long.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Never felt the need for a "truck gun". Or work gun. Or home gun. Or any other gun.
That's great Chris, now if you hunted anything larger than a raccoon you'd see the need. Yes you can take game animals with a bow or spear,but I've decided to take advantage of the modern scientific advances ,to take my game ethically with a minimum of trauma .If you don't hunt congrats.
I've used my truck bun to dispatch animals that have been hit by vehicles and they couldn't do it for your reasons. I also dropped in the off season a moose that was overcome by parasites . I simply called the CON O's to report it, gave them my location and they ASKED if i could dispatch it it and wait for them to take it for inspection.

JakeH

Adventurer
So if Scott Brady, who started this thread, just did weeks in baja according to his g-wagen article on the home page, what does everyone think his truck gun of choice would have been? I doubt he will be able to say anything given the strict laws that exist in the disarmed crime-free utopia of Mexico...but let's just pretend.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Taking a firearm (or any banned item) into a foreign country seems like a quick and fast way to end up in a foreign jail with no hope of getting out.

Just look at that poor couple from Australia in an Iranian Jail right now for “flying a drone”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHI

Adventurer
So if Scott Brady, who started this thread, just did weeks in baja according to his g-wagen article on the home page, what does everyone think his truck gun of choice would have been? I doubt he will be able to say anything given the strict laws that exist in the disarmed crime-free utopia of Mexico...but let's just pretend.
Pretend is something I do with my 4 yr old when playing Barbie. It doesn't really seem fun to speculate on the topic you have suggested based on the premise we all pretty much know the guy didn't bring a truck gun to Mexico. I'd much rather hear or see pictures of your truck gun. Maybe you've already posted it though. It's been a while since I've read through this thread and I can't remember everything. Not a jab at you. Just keeping it honest. My wife hopes nobody else posts pics of truck guns. She also prays every day that hickok45 dude stops making videos.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
She also prays every day that hickok45 dude stops making videos.

best channel on YouTube ??

As my sweet spouse always asks me, “Why do you need so many guns? You can shoot only one of them at a time!”
Sigh...

Last edited:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Plenty of guns in Mexico. If you really need one, you can probably get one. If not...machete is a decent last line of defense.

machete-54ea61da8750c.jpg

Mike W.

best channel on YouTube ??

As my sweet spouse always asks me, “Why do you need so many guns? You can shoot only one of them at a time?”
Sigh...
LOL..I face the same line of questioning constantly..Just say it's a fashion thing..

JakeH

Adventurer
@GHI I agree 100% that Scott has never & will never break a foreign law, but I never implied he did. The man has travelled through many foreign countries that outright ban firearms & he knows what he is doing. I am asking what you think he would have chosen to take on such a trip IF he were able to take one legally. I have never personally been to baja, but if I did & I chose to protect myself, it would be something really wild that the cops would laugh at if they found & couldn't possibly be considered dangerous. And no, I wont show you my truck gun....what truck gun?

OutdoorAZ

@GHI I agree 100% that Scott has never & will never break a foreign law, but I never implied he did. The man has travelled through many foreign countries that outright ban firearms & he knows what he is doing. I am asking what you think he would have chosen to take on such a trip IF he were able to take one legally. I have never personally been to baja, but if I did & I chose to protect myself, it would be something really wild that the cops would laugh at if they found & couldn't possibly be considered dangerous. And no, I wont show you my truck gun....what truck gun?

Mini potato gun? PVC pipe, propane and a grill igniter? Used for entertainment at camp, def not for launching marbles or ball bearings.

Or check or https://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave all kinds of slingshots and crossbows. Very entertaining but most of it would be legal where firearms aren't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles