My 550 build The "Ford Escape"

java

Expedition Leader
SWEET!! Awesome, nice to use it after all the hard work

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fatboyz

Observer
Had a request for some of my inside dimensions so here the are. My inside floor length from the back wall to the front of the bed (length down low) is 9' 6" (114"). The total length inside wall to wall including bed (Length up high) is 14'. The bed is 55" X 90 1/2". The height of the bed platform is 32 1/2". The mattress I have in the pictures is 11" thick. Total interior height is 6' 2" (74") (still need to put in cork flooring which will take up another 3/8"). Total width wall to wall at the sink/window area is 92".

Fatboyz

Observer
Got the FRP up in the bathroom yesterday morning. We had the National Search and Rescue Conference here In town the last few days. I'm the Air Operations guy so haven't had much time. Hope to get the natures head operational by the end of the weekend. We plan to head out to the mountains next weekend. Wish I had the super singles for that!

Last edited:

Fatboyz

Observer
Well we gave the truck a real first test this weekend. Went west into the mountains. Camped along the Blackstone river. I brought my little dual sport bike and road the remaining 10 km into the mountain gap at first light. Solo sheep hunt. 9 1/2 hour hike. Only saw Grizzly bears. Road out back to camp at Dark. Wife loves the truck!

Attachments

• IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1805small.JPG
    IMG_1805small.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 154

Fatboyz

Observer
Took the truck over the scale on the way home on the weekend. With the motorcycle on the carrier on the back I'm 13,200 total, 5500 front and 7700 on the rear. Still got lots to play with yet.

Last edited:

Fatboyz

Observer
Edited the thread title because I'm so far past "the start of my 550". We coined it the "Ford Escape" as it has been my sanity maintainer over the last two years. Focusing through work stress with a vision of what this unit will be. An escape from town, an Escape to the Mountains, and an Escape from the electronic world back to simpler living.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles