Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Bulwinkle

Here are a few photos of my project. Built a rear bumper to shift weight to rear. Waiting for 2 more 3.5 gal Rotopax. Will fit 4 nicely. Have to relocate license plate and tail light. Replaced all of the wire and new plug. Adding some red single LEDs under just to guide feet around at night. Not sure about battery and solar yet. Want to keep it simple. I really want to dis-connect when using it...

Attachments

• IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2261.jpeg
    IMG_2261.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180

Kraxler

Here are a few photos of my project. Built a rear bumper to shift weight to rear. Waiting for 2 more 3.5 gal Rotopax. Will fit 4 nicely. Have to relocate license plate and tail light. Replaced all of the wire and new plug. Adding some red single LEDs under just to guide feet around at night. Not sure about battery and solar yet. Want to keep it simple. I really want to dis-connect when using it...
Nicely done. I went with a lithium ion battery with both solar and ac charger. Runs lights in the compartments, in the RTT and the water pump. All that's mounted in the moved tongue box.

jojackc

Fully extended the ARK 750 gives you 29 3/4”, fully contracted it gives you 15.5”, from the bottom of the hitch to the ground, on stock tires.

By stock you mean the 33's? If so maybe it would work with my set up. If I measure from the ground to the hitch its 27.5 inches of height that I need to get it loaded on the truck. 33's to 35's is an increase of 1" of ground clearance. So that should mean my max height should be 28.75.

Wynn

Wanderer
1a7e42601a80f847bc3b80eed684cee8.jpg

Any recommendations for suspension upgrades that would alleviate the rear squatting but allows for light off-roading?

Kraxler

1a7e42601a80f847bc3b80eed684cee8.jpg

Any recommendations for suspension upgrades that would alleviate the rear squatting but allows for light off-roading?
Rear airbags would allow you adjust for any load and not change the off road capabilities. Also shifting weight from the front of the trailer to rear would help. Most of the time the front of the trailer is very heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles