Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

jojackc

I would also like more info on your water system. How many gallons does those two tanks get you two? I was debating on putting a tank right down the middle but don't want to give up ground clearance. My other option was I could mount the tank inside the main compartment. The largest tank I could fit and still slide in my gear storage box and ice chest is 11 gallons. I was leaning to that but if your set up is more then 11 gallons I might rip off your set up lol.

Kraxler

I have 3 water tanks. Two 10 gal and 1 nine gal. The problem mp, tanks, pot filler faucet are all from Amazon. Interconnected with 1/2 in flex tubing from Lowes. Vent us the next size smaller. Fill is located next to the tongue box and the vent comes out of the kitchen door. The tanks are top vented and bottom fill. Had to some trimming on the filler ports to get everything to fit nicely

RecPro RV Water Tank | Grey Water Tank | RV Fresh Water Tank | Camper | Trailer (10 Gallon)

Valterra Black R8018 ABS Fresh Water Tank-9 Gallo

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Well I added a faucet for the sink weekend before last and then said goodbye to it yesterday morning. :cry: We were all sad to see it go, but we are excited to see where we go next. I might be spending more time over in the Intech thread? but will still follow this one to see the awesome modifications ya'll come up with.View attachment 533614View attachment 533615View attachment 533616
You sold your trailer? dang sorry to hear that. I’ve been away from my adventures with ours , my wife and I have been building our forever home in weatherford and just got moved in

jojackc

I have 3 water tanks. Two 10 gal and 1 nine gal. The problem mp, tanks, pot filler faucet are all from Amazon. Interconnected with 1/2 in flex tubing from Lowes. Vent us the next size smaller. Fill is located next to the tongue box and the vent comes out of the kitchen door. The tanks are top vented and bottom fill. Had to some trimming on the filler ports to get everything to fit nicely

RecPro RV Water Tank | Grey Water Tank | RV Fresh Water Tank | Camper | Trailer (10 Gallon)

Valterra Black R8018 ABS Fresh Water Tank-9 Gallo

ah ok so the two up front are 10 gallon tanks then the 9 gallon is between the axles, I guess you can call it that lol.

Swede9er

Hi
ah ok so the two up front are 10 gallon tanks then the 9 gallon is between the axles, I guess you can call it that lol.

You sold your trailer? dang sorry to hear that. I’ve been away from my adventures with ours , my wife and I have been building our forever home in weatherford and just got moved in
together
I got 2 trailers because of this Expedition portal site and the reviews. No better time with a Young family then camping time. I have the second one for sell. Brand New all assembled & ready for adventure. The kayak w/rtt is mine!!! Lovin it

Catalanbull

Ark 750 installed. The top plastic cap came broken, they’ll send me a replacement in 4 months when they have loose black parts in stock. They said the black edition is fairly new and they don’t have spare parts available yet.

12FA626D-468F-4B88-B4A2-556A64AEB8E6.jpeg

Last edited:

thardin68

Ark 750 installed. The top plastic cap came broken, they’ll send me a replacement in 4 months when they have loose black parts in stock. They said the black edition is fairly new and they don’t have spare parts available yet.

looks great in black. Looks like you were able to simply drill mounting plate on Jack to match mounting plate? I still have to mount mine and have not studied yet....

Catalanbull

looks great in black. Looks like you were able to simply drill mounting plate on Jack to match mounting plate? I still have to mount mine and have not studied yet....
Yes, I used the original plate that detaches from the trailer as a guide. I just put it on top of the new plate and drilled in the holes.

Yeah I really like it in black.

Kraxler

Got the jack in black also. Matches well. I going to add the front factory jack back, with a replacement bottom. For maneuvering the trailer I'll use this one. The factory one will be used to raise the trailer higher so the Smittybilt anex for the RTT extenders all the way.

Still trying to figure out how to attach a solar panel to the top of the RTT for traveling. Right now it just sits there but I need to figure out something that will hold the panel securely without damaging the RTT cover but also be easy to attach and remove.

The other thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to mount my instant water heater. It's going on the tongue by the relocated tongue box. It'll need some type of cover that's removable.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
[/QUOTE

Looks like replacing the factory jack is going to be an issue due the the height of the trailer.

jojackc

The measurements that ebraback gave would not work with my Dodge Ram 1500. Its not lifted in the rear but is sitting on 35's. I really like this jack but its just not tall enough. The trailer is also on 35's so I had to use a six inch drop hitch turned upside down to get the trailer to sit level on the truck. I thought about building some kind of plate that could also slide down to add the extra height needed but be slid back up when towing. I have searched and searched for a jack that raises as high as the factory one and just can't find it. I hate how janky the original one is. Kind of scares me to sleep in it when I'm parked on a weird mountain and have the trailer disconnected from the truck lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles