TetonX Hybrid

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
I like it very much and I feel that the build quality is very solid. Just for reference, this is our fourth off-road type trailer.

The first was an m416 that I had a friend weld a rack on and I mounted an RTT & awning to it.

The second was an XVenture XV2 and it was a great trailer, well made, very durable. But it too us a while to get camp setup and there was no option for AC or heat in the sleeping area.

The third is a Hiker 6x10 midrange, not a true off-road trailer but more than capable for what we use it for. But there were some inconveniences with it that this trailer solves. (Speed of setup, separate bed for our daughter, storage, integrated AC).

As long as your tow vehicle has enough power to tow the trailer through obstacles and the trail is wide enough I don’t think you would have any problems with the Hybrid. I had never seen one in person either but I had watched several videos about their trailers before they ever released the Hybrid last year at Expo West. But mine is still the first and only one that I have seen in person.

There is still some room for improvement but it’s fairly minor stuff and I am offering suggestions and thoughts to Lindsay and Kyle as I discover them.

jgatliff

Here’s some additional pictures I took that show a little more detail. I’m looking forward to camping in it this weekend.

Also, I had airbags installed in the T4R today, so I’ll take another pic the next time I have everything hooked up. F86457FB-51F7-40C2-B810-5F413CED74B9.jpeg7A66194C-6E00-4E67-9E09-9D790B6D7F32.jpeg3E9C09E5-DED2-434E-B349-CCD6BE318E8B.jpeg65B55ACE-3A26-456C-B3F6-1F03F9FBC0D6.jpeg8F87BD3D-859B-4618-8CD5-3BC100BD29E0.jpegF72652E9-D0CD-4240-9735-A631C496315C.jpegF86457FB-51F7-40C2-B810-5F413CED74B9.jpeg7A66194C-6E00-4E67-9E09-9D790B6D7F32.jpeg3E9C09E5-DED2-434E-B349-CCD6BE318E8B.jpeg65B55ACE-3A26-456C-B3F6-1F03F9FBC0D6.jpeg8F87BD3D-859B-4618-8CD5-3BC100BD29E0.jpegF72652E9-D0CD-4240-9735-A631C496315C.jpeg

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I like it very much and I feel that the build quality is very solid. Just for reference, this is our fourth off-road type trailer.

The first was an m416 that I had a friend weld a rack on and I mounted an RTT & awning to it.

The second was an XVenture XV2 and it was a great trailer, well made, very durable. But it too us a while to get camp setup and there was no option for AC or heat in the sleeping area.

The third is a Hiker 6x10 midrange, not a true off-road trailer but more than capable for what we use it for. But there were some inconveniences with it that this trailer solves. (Speed of setup, separate bed for our daughter, storage, integrated AC).

As long as your tow vehicle has enough power to tow the trailer through obstacles and the trail is wide enough I don’t think you would have any problems with the Hybrid. I had never seen one in person either but I had watched several videos about their trailers before they ever released the Hybrid last year at Expo West. But mine is still the first and only one that I have seen in person.

There is still some room for improvement but it’s fairly minor stuff and I am offering suggestions and thoughts to Lindsay and Kyle as I discover them.

Did you also have a south african trailer at one point?

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I did not. I started with an m416 that I had @Roverx weld a rack to and I put on an RTT and awning. Then I went to an X-Venture XV-2, then the hiker 6x10 deluxe.

Gotcha. I spoke with someone from tenn a year or two ago that had purchased an imagine or echo or something.

jgatliff

@jgatliff Any chance your rig is the one Teton X posted on their FB page with the mini split AC and lithium power?

Yup, that’s mine! I think I got every option but the TV and the slide out grill. We love it, and have spent 13 nights in it since July. I’m camping in it right now on a business trip.

Jafrench

Observer
@jgatliff, I NEED more details about this trailer. I'm longing for one and would love to see a couple posts from you with detailed pictures and commentary, including "minor stuff" you think can be improved upon. I put a deposit down and putting together my build sheet so am very interested in real world experience.

Thanks

jgatliff

Sorry I’ve got a project deadline I’m up against right now, I might be able to post more on it next week but it might be November. I’d you have any specific questions or specific photos you would like details of please let me know. Most of the room for improvement right now stems from the pop top. The material let’s a lot of heat in and the AC can’t really keep up if the trailer is in the sun with the top up. An insulation package for the top would help a lot and they are currently working on one.

I camped in the trailer last week for 6 nights in southern Indiana and it was pretty warm during the day (90-ish). I had a problem with my AC (it quit working) on Sunday and Kyle and Lindsay replied as did Chris, the owner of Cruise n Comfort (the AC manufacturer) both by text, email, and phone. Chris helped me to get the AC back up and running (did I mention this was on Sunday). So the customer service from both companies is great.
Jason

Jafrench

Observer
Sorry I’ve got a project deadline I’m up against right now, I might be able to post more on it next week but it might be November. I’d you have any specific questions or specific photos you would like details of please let me know.

Oh, I suppose it's reasonable to have priorities;). No worries. Mostly interested in pics of things we haven't seen yet...electrical and plumbing, frame, suspension, etc.

I'm hoping they'll start posting up some pics of construction process, along with the above. I've requested some of those things and will do so again when I submit my build/option sheet.

Do you know if the Timbren suspension is the straight, 2" or 4" lift iteration? And I'm assuming they opted for the "off-road" spindles which are heavier duty?

GkraneTX

Sorry I’ve got a project deadline I’m up against right now, I might be able to post more on it next week but it might be November. I’d you have any specific questions or specific photos you would like details of please let me know. Most of the room for improvement right now stems from the pop top. The material let’s a lot of heat in and the AC can’t really keep up if the trailer is in the sun with the top up. An insulation package for the top would help a lot and they are currently working on one.

I camped in the trailer last week for 6 nights in southern Indiana and it was pretty warm during the day (90-ish). I had a problem with my AC (it quit working) on Sunday and Kyle and Lindsay replied as did Chris, the owner of Cruise n Comfort (the AC manufacturer) both by text, email, and phone. Chris helped me to get the AC back up and running (did I mention this was on Sunday). So the customer service from both companies is great.
Jason
I hope they get the insulation package sorted out. The trailer looks very promising.

jgatliff

Oh, I suppose it's reasonable to have priorities;). No worries. Mostly interested in pics of things we haven't seen yet...electrical and plumbing, frame, suspension, etc.

I'm hoping they'll start posting up some pics of construction process, along with the above. I've requested some of those things and will do so again when I submit my build/option sheet.

Do you know if the Timbren suspension is the straight, 2" or 4" lift iteration? And I'm assuming they opted for the "off-road" spindles which are heavier duty?

OK I think you’re going to be better off getting pics from Lindsay, I just don’t have the time or interest in taking panels out and crawling around under the trailer to get these pics. I don’t know about the suspension but I am sure Lindsay could help you out.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles