1986 G30 4x4 Built Overland Rig 54K original miles

Triguy0220

1986 Chevrolet G30 4x4 Pathfinder conversion since new. Only 54k original miles. Spent the last two years re-building this rig. 100% rust free original New Mexico van. I Bought it from the U.S. Government at Sandia National labs auction. Extremely well taken of.

Originally a hard top I sourced a fiberglass roof from a factory model and replicated as per factory the exact cuts and holes and braces for a perfect fit. I then had the top and drip rails smith lined for zero leaks.
I completed gutted the interior had the entirety of the floor and 4 inches up the sides coated with smith lining. I sourced two other seat stands and had all four black powder coated. Added four brand new Courbeau full comfort /adjustable seats with new harness. Doors have dynamite for sound deadening and all interior surfaces have Cool Shield Double bubble insulation installed. Bed platform is built out of 2x4 wood and is sturdy as all hell. Custom made 72 x 43 high density foam has been installed on top.
Custom made roof rack/steps is made from 1.5” 1/8 wall round tubing and was professionally built as I do not have a bender. Removable lock spacer were installed so you could remove the whole racking system. Mucho $ but well worth it. I built the rear bumper from 1/8 inch plate mounted to factory holes. I cut into rear body so the bumper does not look like a sore thumb hanging off the back. Nice and flush.

Suspension is solid axel from and rear. dana 40 up front. I had new springs packs made for both front and rear which also brought it up another 1”. New pro-comp shocks all around and new steering stabilizer up front.

Powertrain comes from the original 5.7L LT9 carbureted power plant. I removed all smog equipment and the 100 feet of vacuums hoses correctly. Installed a new Edlebrock performer intake manifold and rebuilt an American made Holley 600cfm carb. Full tune up, new belts, and it runs great and has passed NM emissions with a two year tag. A/C was converted to 134a and blows a consistent 51 degrees.

The transmission was rebuilt professionally with heavy duty discs/clutches and plenum. Built for 4x4. Stock trans cooler works perfect.

I had the stock 14 bolt rear end fully rebuilt with all new bearings and ring and pinion. 4:10 gearing now.

Wheels/Tires are from 2005 Chevrolet 2500 3/4 ton truck. Wrapped in brand new Cooper discover ATP. less than 1000 miles on them now. All brand new metric extra long wheel studs were installed as well.

Ready to go wheeling or finish the interior as you wish and take on those long overlanding trips.

15K Firm!
Located in Albuquerque NM
David at 505-401-5424

Rebuilt/replaced in the last year
-turbo 350 transmission with converter
-rebuilt transfer case
-rebuilt complete rear end 4:10 ratio
-new leaf spring
-new shocks and steering stabilizer
-new 8 lug silverado wheels and metric lugs
-new tires with less than 1000 on them
-new breaks.
-rebuilt Holley 600 carb
-new door rubber all around
-rebuilt sliding door internals
-new windshield, gasket and wipers.

Attachments

• uEW+ZgldQuW92QnWR8CAqA.jpg
    uEW+ZgldQuW92QnWR8CAqA.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,168
  • pcdWclgoROGca7OZiWP37w.jpg
    pcdWclgoROGca7OZiWP37w.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 878
  • 66xpTkC5S9O0LECHVLyS%w.jpg
    66xpTkC5S9O0LECHVLyS%w.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 947
  • ZNqV9NbsSPeIOjRdUHO3FA.jpg
    ZNqV9NbsSPeIOjRdUHO3FA.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 843
  • cpRxI9wEREmNcUwhWYxrHg.jpg
    cpRxI9wEREmNcUwhWYxrHg.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 833
  • fde3d7u5SDmggAcD2dCqGQ.jpg
    fde3d7u5SDmggAcD2dCqGQ.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 820
  • WkXW+yTQT2yNxJy+TKHAow.jpg
    WkXW+yTQT2yNxJy+TKHAow.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 897
  • qKqEaU07RVSfYau31yeR0g.jpg
    qKqEaU07RVSfYau31yeR0g.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 852
  • AKGFQyMwSFWofNO4QaY4pw.jpg
    AKGFQyMwSFWofNO4QaY4pw.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 883
  • +DnFAwtGQAmqFSPEEbWf9A.jpg
    +DnFAwtGQAmqFSPEEbWf9A.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 848

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Nice job! I owned a Chevy 2500 2wd. Gulped gas but ran great. I loved that thing.
It won't smog here in California without the 40' of vacuum hoses.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
?I'd love to buy that but the shipping and import duty would kill me, Good luck with the sale, (y)

buellconvert

Was the lucky buyer someone from here? They're going to have a blast in that thing for sure!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94