Question for the hard shell RTT folks

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
I have a question for anyone who wants to chime in.
Have you ever driven with your JTT in a driving rain for several hours (the kind I should have really pulled over for)
Did everything stay dry?......................
Yes, my CVT hardshell has been phenomenal. My daughter and I went to an Oregon Duck football game several years ago. She lives in Portland and we drove from there to Eugene and back in driving rain at freeway speed(110 mi one way). Not to mention during the game where I got soaked to my BVDs. Not a drop penetrated into the tent. Dust doesn't get in and I really don't understand it. About the only thing that I've found is if I haven't used it in a while, when I first open it, I'll find a small cobweb cocoon or two on the outside of the tent fabric down at the base. And those are easily wiped off. When prepping to close the tent up, I'll always zip the doors & window 1/2 way open, but all screens are shut tight. This helps in getting the air out when closing as well as keeping most moisture out if opening in a storm. But the screens should keep out any bugs that have managed to sneak under the hard shell at the seam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier