Max coupler questions....concerns

Ryan6864

I purchased a max coupler hitch last year. I believe it to be the latest edition. How easy should it be to swivel? I can easily spin mine with one finger. But im concerned about too much play in the vertical. For some reason i have a difficult time tightening mine up.

I put the bolt through the yoke and thread on what they are calling a crush washer. Then holding the bolt on top spin on the nut from bottom to 100ft/lbs. But that seems to lock the yoke in place so that it takes a good deal of force to move. So i then lossen the crush washer some and try again. Don't want to wear out my $250 hitch by not having it tightened enough.

Last edited:

jgaz

Adventurer
This gentleman has extensive max coupler experience, not all of it good.

Here is his well written, detailed, post on the subject.

Ryan6864

This gentleman has extensive max coupler experience, not all of it good.

Here is his well written, detailed, post on the subject.

I did read through that post but didn’t come across any info referencing my question. I contacted C U offroad and they suggested I send it in. I don’t want to be without a trailer for who knows how long. Just looking for a simple answer.

How tight should preload be set on bolt and crush washer?

There is no mention of that in the instructions nor does it say how tight yoke should be concerning how it swivels. Too tight and it will eat away at metal surfaces too loose and it could oval out the hole. For the money spent I’d expect to see some decent install disassembly instructions if not a video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier