2019 Ram 2500 or 2020 Ford F-250???

I'm being seduced by the Tremor. I know I'd be overspending on it. It hits all my box's. I know I need a crewcab. I know a f150 will do everything I need. I want overkill. If I get a slide in camper, or decide to get a 5th wheel toy hauler I want the F350. My current truck is a Lariat. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like my heated/cooled seats. I'd almost consider a Platty because the messaging seats are sweet. Im spoiled rotten, I know it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I'm being seduced by the Tremor. I know I'd be overspending on it. It hits all my box's. I know I need a crewcab. I know a f150 will do everything I need. I want overkill. If I get a slide in camper, or decide to get a 5th wheel toy hauler I want the F350. My current truck is a Lariat. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like my heated/cooled seats. I'd almost consider a Platty because the messaging seats are sweet. Im spoiled rotten, I know it.

We were surprised by how much we enjoyed the massaging seats in our KR. The only cushy options I somewhat deem a must have are the cooled seats and the LED headlights. Unfortunately up until now those are both high trim package options and sadly a lot of the KR's and Platinums on the lot don't even have the LED headlights. That will change in 2020 and they will now be a standalone option for the XLT and up like they should have been all along. The cooled seats sure are nice down here in this south Texas heat four months of the year. That said, I have and can live without that stuff. The one item on our KR that I will go out of my way to avoid in the future is the panoramic sunroof, it turns the truck into an easy bake oven down here and I simply don't use a sunroof as it is.

Last edited:

TexasSixSeven

Observer
We were surprised by how much we enjoyed the massaging seats in our KR. The only cushy options I somewhat deem a must have are the cooled seats and the LED headlights. Unfortunately up until now those are both high trim package options and sadly a lot of the KR's and Platinums on the lot don't even have the LED headlights. That will change in 2020 and they will now be a standalone option for the XLT and up like they should have been all along. The cooled seats sure are nice down here in this south Texas heat four months of the year. That said, I have and can live without that stuff. The one item on our KR that I will go out of my way to avoid in the future is the panoramic sunroof, it turns the truck into an easy bake over down here and I simply don't use a sunroof as it is.

I specifically ordered my F-350 so I could get it without the sunroof. Besides that option I could’ve lived with a few trucks off the lot.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
I'm sure it will be a decent engine, but from the way some people are getting excited about it, you'd think that Ford did something that's never been done before.

Funny thing is, not long ago a lot of ford fanboys made fun of GM for sticking with OHV engines and said ford was ahead of the times by going OHC, now ford is going back to OHV and a lot of those same fanboys are acting like ford re-invented the wheel, all it says to me is that ford finally woke up and realized that OHC needed high rpm's to make power and high rpm's equal low mpg's!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
You might want to watch the engineers interview again.

Then check the bore/stroke, valve size, and cam position, before posting nonsense. You should be able to figure it out yourself by then, I don't have the patience to spell it out. OHC has nothing to do with needing rpm to make power, and this new engine should prefer rev's as well.

D

Deleted member 9101

Either you love big truck payments...or you have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket....haha.

Cackalak Han

Explorer

Ha ha. I keep thinking about an F250 with 6.2. That’ll do everything I need and then some. Waaaaay overkill. But there’s something about those Super Duties.......

tacollie

Glamper
Ha ha. I keep thinking about an F250 with 6.2. That’ll do everything I need and then some. Waaaaay overkill. But there’s something about those Super Duties.......
I am 5 months into my Tundra and love it but I find myself eyeing every F250 with a 6.2 on the road.

I want to see @Tex68w build a Ford! The Ram may be better for mpgs given his dissatisfaction with his PW mpgs. Also, Cummins may be better for ranch duties.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am 5 months into my Tundra and love it but I find myself eyeing every F250 with a 6.2 on the road.

I want to see @Tex68w build a Ford! The Ram may be better for mpgs given his dissatisfaction with his PW mpgs. Also, Cummins may be better for ranch duties.

Some I have owned in the past. None were built for major off-road use, more or less occasional tow rigs.

2017 F-250 KR on 37's 4" lift

Fkj5nnj.jpg

2016 F-250 KR on 35's 2" level

lWguzhZ.jpg

2012 F-250 KR on 37's 4" lift

aSwFHGw.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I like the two tone paint. Looks sharp. I am tempted to try and linex armor the whole damn truck.

I have always enjoyed the two-tone as well as does the misses. That said, I am considering going with a monotone paint this time.

Dalko43

Explorer
Funny thing is, not long ago a lot of ford fanboys made fun of GM for sticking with OHV engines and said ford was ahead of the times by going OHC, now ford is going back to OHV and a lot of those same fanboys are acting like ford re-invented the wheel, all it says to me is that ford finally woke up and realized that OHC needed high rpm's to make power and high rpm's equal low mpg's!

I was thinking something similar. I'm sure this engine will be a decent workhorse, but it's an OHV engine that will produce decent torque and will likely be just as thirsty (or more so) as everything else on the market.

It really doesn't seem to be breaking any new ground...but maybe I'm missing something.

adam88

Explorer
I've owned all kinds of trucks... I'd say at least 10. Dodge, chevy, Ford, Nissan and a Mazda even.

Let me say... in my opinion, there is nothing even close to this generation of the Ford's. I have a 2016 F150 and the body and chassis are simply fantastic. Best truck ever made. Dodge and Chevy dont compare (and honestly, they know it). Up here where I live, Ram's sell for about 10k less than Ford's when they are similarly equipped. The super duty's are even nicer than my F150, I drove one for a week on rental and it is fantastic.

I am probably going to trade my 2016 in for a 2020 F350 with the new 7.3L. I may wait until 2021 to do it and wait for any potential kinks to be worked out, although honestly I doubt there will be any because Ford has really got their act together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior