Cars of Tahiti...

gnel

That´s where while working in the early 1980s I fell in love with the Toyota Hilux dual cabin 4x4 diesel. Great memories! Thanks for the photos.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
That´s where while working in the early 1980s I fell in love with the Toyota Hilux dual cabin 4x4 diesel. Great memories! Thanks for the photos.

These Hilux are still everywhere. There were 4 of them parked around me earlier today. I'll try to get some shots

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
They also have tons of Land Cruiser pickup here.

IMG_9513.jpg

A rare Nissan Patrol pickup, that has been by the beach for too long...

IMG_9485(1).jpg

IMG_9487(1).jpg

Unfortunately our first rental car was a lot less exciting...a Citroen C1.
We did managed to fit 3 adults (My wife, my niece and myself...) and a bunch of suitcases, including 3 inflatables SUPs...
IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9470(1).jpg

IMG_9471(1).jpg

MikeWeaver

Land Cruiser 70 is my all-time favorite. And I've never seen a Patrol pickup, looks to be stock, not a custom conversion.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'm going there for my honeymoon in a few weeks. I saw you guys posted a Ranger Raptor in the Papeete airport. I never thought about the vehicles there but they look sweeeeet. I want me a defender 110!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I'm going there for my honeymoon in a few weeks. I saw you guys posted a Ranger Raptor in the Papeete airport. I never thought about the vehicles there but they look sweeeeet. I want me a defender 110!

The white one I posted above is for sale - $3300000 cpf, or about $30K us...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

Where are you going exactly? let me know if you want some tips...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles