Just Downsized to a Renegade (build and trips)

D

Deleted member 9101

If only they made a truck version....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564241270977.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564241270977.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 91

crossed-up

Observer
Spent a couple go hours today making up a mount for the CB. After some deliberation I decided on a steel wire frame to act as a mount and provide a bit of protection.

Bending up the frame.
I0000bLvkAqZukxY.jpg

Adding some mounts for the CB.
I0000SgNK6SY65DU.jpg

Another trial fit, and the addition of a mic holding bracket.
I0000hFWQ11JBX7A.jpg

Prepping before paint.
I0000DRmeANXe_0w.jpg

A couple of coats of satin black, hopefully it’ll be dry overnight, so I can get if fitted.
I0000KneDK8rMkRc.jpg

crossed-up

Observer
Sorry for the lack of updates things were pretty busy on the run up to my trip to the Alps, and I've just got back. I've not got time for a full report but I'll post up some pictures.

Here are a few to start with from Tignes where we spent a couple of days after an overnight top in Reims on the way down through France from the UK.

I0000BYQt_qNteYo.jpg

I0000IfQKK.rKGPc.jpg

I0000K3T4SdG8m9w.jpg

I00006jbrJOZIFPc.jpg

I0000xQShrVo8m5Q.jpg

I0000eHn2qlxAl4Q.jpg

I0000HyQDkTRVndM.jpg

I0000_WjUT6oedp0.jpg

I0000Ulcbn85y_xs.jpg

More later...

crossed-up

Observer
Thanks L57.

Some more pics...

Top of the Col De L'Iseran on route between Val D'sere and Col De Sommeiller over the border in Italy. Plenty of touring bikers enjoying the route too.

I0000XLbQqQ8tngo.jpg

I0000nVgmoEeU7Tk.jpg

I0000bz4mmItAZZQ.jpg

I0000G0V.pI3EONk.jpg

I0000l.5ujzyHfRI.jpg

We travelled the first few Km's of the dirt track of the Col De Sommeiller as far as the cafe at the start of the main climb, but the start of the start of the main climb was closed off by the police for engineering works so that was as far as we (and several others) could go. I'm sure the cafe owner was pleased with the arrival of an increasing number of 4x4's full of thirsty passengers!

I0000REAyvHD8Fz8.jpg

There were some interesting vehicles there, including this Scout on German plates, and some of the locals thrashing their Fiat Panda's and Punto's up the track fully laden with family and picnic gear, making the tooled up Land Cruisers, Defenders and G Wagons look a bit 'overdressed'!

I0000OgUbhx62htU.jpg

So we made the decision to turn around and head for Monte Jafferau and fort (2nd highest in Europe I think) that we didn't manage to reach last year due to lack of time and the weather closing in.

Pics to follow.

jgaz

Adventurer
Sorry for the lack of updates things were pretty busy on the run up to my trip to the Alps, and I've just got back. I've not got time for a full report but I'll post up some pictures.

Here are a few to start with from Tignes where we spent a couple of days after an overnight top in Reims on the way down through France from the UK.

I0000BYQt_qNteYo.jpg

I0000IfQKK.rKGPc.jpg

I0000K3T4SdG8m9w.jpg

I00006jbrJOZIFPc.jpg

I0000xQShrVo8m5Q.jpg

I0000eHn2qlxAl4Q.jpg

I0000HyQDkTRVndM.jpg

I0000_WjUT6oedp0.jpg

I0000Ulcbn85y_xs.jpg

More later...
Beautiful country! Thanks for posting the pictures
I love to hike that trail

forsakenfuture

Explorer
My sister had a Renegade and had so many issues with it that Jeep ended up buying back. That being said, I think they are still cool and look forward to your progress.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I'm actually glad its not an old CJ. Screw your stupid condescending statement, this person is doing what they want, and how they want it.

@OP Keep going! love seeing these cool ideas. Ignore people like @billiebob who like to post garbage and tear others down.
Billibob is the angriest Canadian I've come across, like ever.

OP, nice BU, I'm going to share this with the one Renegade guy in our Jeep club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94