Knockoff iKamper

ttengineer

Adventurer
Recently I saw a post for a knockoff iKamper for sale and was intrigued by the changes from the iKamper original design.

So with a little google-**** I found this:

http://rockytent.com/big.asp?pid=53

It seems to have better windows and a larger roof opening and a more “aggressive” looking top.

Anyone seen this brand before?

Thoughts?

I’m not super interested in buying one, but I just thought it was worth a gander and perhaps a fun conversation.

818ec10d35dbaa472ba56d25831c4890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlandNA

You can have a tent manufactured to your specs as long as you meet the minimum order requirements. It's possible that the company you found is the manuf for iKamper.
It is also possible to buy a single unit from most manufacturers as a sample at a slightly higher price + shipping/duties etc & save $$ over buying a branded unit.
After having read many posts on problems & lack of warranty support from various retailers, it may be the way to go.

whitenoise

Adventurer
I believe iKamper is made in Korea and is very high-quality. The knockoff has clever Korean lettering on the title logo but is actually located in China....go figure....

DCH109

Adventurer
I believe iKamper is made in Korea and is very high-quality. The knockoff has clever Korean lettering on the title logo but is actually located in China....go figure....
Agreed,
Seems alot of these companies purchase one or two tents then copy them and sell them for much cheaper. Problem 99% of the times they are also cheaply made.
You can see these all over Alibaba.

Mykh

Outdoor Party Animal
Agreed,
Seems alot of these companies purchase one or two tents then copy them and sell them for much cheaper. Problem 99% of the times they are also cheaply made.
You can see these all over Alibaba.

A few of those factories are actually manufacturing the brand-name tents too and then simply selling the unbranded designs on the cheap. Now of course there is no quality control that goes into the unbranded stuff, so any buyer takes a risk (and good luck holding them to a warranty claim), but pays a fraction of the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles