1987 Toyota 4Runner overland Long Travel

Ridebmx

1987 Toyota 4Runner

Currently on the fence about either selling my 4Runner or putting it into storage. I built this truck as a minimalist overlanding rig that could be driven long distances inspired and built for BAJA. Unfortunately I have run into some life changing events that may force me to sell my Daily driver of 12+ years. I have taken great care of this truck and would love to see it go to another enthusiast.

The truck is in really good shape, it has some patina and some superficial wear and tear on the body. Overall the truck is clean and shines up nicely. It will take you wherever you want to go. Not looking to trade. Seeing if people are interested.

13K OBO / Located in Portland, Oregon.

Engine Bay / Trans
  • 2003 3.4 Toyota Tundra motor 140K with 5 speed 150R Transmission (Body has 300K)
  • Motor was professionally installed by one of the best shops in the NW www.toyonlyswaps.com
  • Motor was refreshed with timing belt, water pump, and gaskets when installed by TOS.
  • Champion V6 aluminum Radiator
  • New Alternator
  • New Power steering pump
  • Marlin Crawler v6 Master Cylinder
  • ARB Air compressor for rear locker

Front Suspension
  • Blazeland Long travel
  • Radflo external reservoir with adjustable dampening knob to dial in depending on conditions. (Custom built / Valved)
  • OME steering stabilizer
  • OME HD Torsion bars

Rear Suspension
  • OME HD leafs (500 Pnd)
  • Trailgear 5.5” Greasable shackles & Spare set of OME Shackles.
  • Bilstein 5100 shocks

Armor
  • Front bumper / Northwest Trail innovations W/8000 pound Engo winch. two 8” HID offroad lights.
  • Rear Bumper / Custom made swing out bumper that holds one 33” spare tire and two 5-gallon gas cans.

Drivetrain / Tires
  • Five pizza cutters 255/85R16 Mastercraft CXT tires on OEM 16” Toyota steel wheels (90% Tread)
  • V6 4runner caliper brake upgrade with steel braided lines.
  • ARB Rear locker with 4.88 Gearing
  • 0.5” Diff Drop
  • 1.5” Rear wheel spacers
  • New Aisin OEM hubs.

Interior
  • Recaro bucket seats from a 92 GTI on Corbeau seat brackets.
  • The seats also come with custom wet okule black seat covers.
  • Clean stock carpet / OEm rear seats, gauges and stereo. Has OEM altimeter.
  • Has a modular 2 piece sleeping platform that allows a 6ft person to sleep straight and comfortably.

Misc.
  • Has a reinforced thule bar roof rack with a thule box that allows for 300pnds of load capacity.
  • Hard wired rear tailgate that always works.
  • Extended diff breathers

The Bad.
  • Rear diff has a leak
  • Fuel sending unit needs replacing for gas gauge to read. (I just use the odometer and the fuel light comes on when low)
  • Truck has been used for its intended purpose…Has some trail damage and some patina.
  • Has one rust patch in the inner rear fender well. Truck has been in Socal and Oregon for 15+ years. No other rust.
  • Could have the alarm refreshed. Its been in the truck for over 13 years.

Interior.

Thanks for looking.
Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles