Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

misubisu

So while on my week long family campout my trailer came in! They said I needed to come and get it because they didn’t have room at the San Jose store so I dropped everything the next day and was in the door at 9am sat morning.

That’s where stuff went sideways.
Now that was a nail-biting read!
Where are the wheels??

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
San Jose four wheel Parts has them somewhere, ?!?!

“We have two tires”

“We found one tire”

“We found one wheel”

“We have two wheels”

“We found the second tire”

“We can’t mount the tires right now”

“We mounted one tire and wheel”

“We can’t find the second rim, for the tire we found, we still need to order another tire and wheel”

I left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmrocek

Observer
dc69081892f1d4fa224d711f21023e83.jpg
ad9e0eb5bf608a1a0e24869d0ea9cad9.jpg
1cc7c3eb5372d0c91a3e1ad6f8166c77.jpg
c9ebc9e41894ebf9987c716c8b15a4cd.jpg

So while on my week long family campout my trailer came in! They said I needed to come and get it because they didn’t have room at the San Jose store so I dropped everything the next day and was in the door at 9am sat morning.

That’s where stuff went sideways.

They had no way to load the trailer into my trailer. They had a pallet jack and no way to roll it on that into the shop to use a lift, they were all full of brodozers anyways. Flat out they had no plan and the managers only idea was to get everybody in the shop outside (6 people) to lift it on. Wasn’t going to happen. Worse, my plan to toss my stakes on the flat bed and forklift it on top so it wouldnt crush my fenders was not going to work with out a forklift. I ended up using three floor jacks a come along and those six guys pushing with me directing and pushing to get it on. I rolled it 90 degrees. Lifted it up high enough to get the edge on the deck then used the comealong to pull it and the jacks towards the trailer to load it on the deck.

I got through all that it was now 1100hrs. I had to leave in the next 10 minutes to get to work on time and was told , only have two tires, can only find one rim.

So I left.

Now I have a trailer but no wheels. It’s like the hits never stop with this process.

But it is home

Oh wow, that really must have sucked. I had mine delivered to my house and the delivery semi backed right up to my house and just used a lift gate and his pallet jack to take it down. How the heck did they not have a forklift? Is there a Cali regulation against using them? (Sorry had to.) Glad you got it home, the fun is just about to start for ya! Single person assembly requires some creative thinking skills but it's easy and everything is well labeled. Have fun!

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Getting it out of the trailer is step one. I’m going with a telfer line and a z rig as my first thought

It will be a process

Silverback07

Adventurer
So I take it yours is one of the newly designed ones. Looking forward to seeing it completed and what the changes are. Congrats on the purchase.. lets hope the difficult portion is over for you.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Does everyone know there is a smittybilt scout trailer page on Facebook. Easier to post up stuff there also. This thread is great too, but FB can be easier to check.

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes, look forward to their demise, evil impact on humanity we never expected.

Let's get back to the real distributed Internet. Even go back to when commercial activity was banned, pre AOL.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Anyone mount a High lift jack to their trailer? I'm thinking of mounting mine to one side of the RTT uprights. Run bolts though the holes in the uprights and then through the jack.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
They didn’t have the wheels and tires on sat when I was there. So I waited til this morning to call them to see if they came in. Nope, be here sat. Only days off are thurs and fri. Puts me 13 more days before I will even want to try and unpack this thing. I have to go to a friends shop and use his forklift, wife forbade me from rigging to the trees. Said something about safety, meh, I would wear a hi vis vest. Still no go. So I need to pick a day I can do it in one shot so as to not impact his work flow.

Curses 4wheelparts!!!

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I will be in Ouray, CO this friday to Sunday in case anyone passing through and wanna have a look at the PanzerScout.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Did some work on the trailer over the past couple days.

The fridge and the front runner water tank fit perfectly together.

Once I get the tire relocated, I can work on loading out the front deck and the rest of the rear compartment.

Last edited:

jojackc

I didn't have the best experience with 4wheelparts myself here in Arizona. They took a week longer to put it together then what they said. And when I showed up to pick it up they where still not done because the brake cables where rubbing the tire, but I didn't know that when I first showed up. The manager came out after about 45 mins of waiting and said we got her ready came up with a solution. I was like a solution? What was wrong? He happily walked me back to show me how they bent the factory tabs that the come out of the brake drums so the cables wouldn't hit the tires. I thought about it for a min and was like wait. This trailer normally comes with 33's and I told you I wanted it with 35's. So you had to sell me different wheels. Did you check to make sure they had the right offset? Crickets.......... Answer was no they did not.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I’m up in San Jose having lunch with the fam hoping to god the wheels and tires will be ready when I drive over. I have the utility trailer with me to toss them in because the trailer got unloaded!!IMG_1377.jpg
3b143822ee3ae15099aa1476e078e8a1.jpg
c5ccd8eb2b5e87c4eee5ebc6e1d9021e.jpg
then we drove the forklift into the dirt and got it stuck. HF winch did great and dragged it back on the concrete. The back stabilizer jacks are very loose and allow the trailer to wiggle around twisting the arm and bracket pretty bad. Is this a normal?
Scared the crap out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jojackc

My rear jacks are pretty solid. But there is a bolt that needs to be tightened on the bracket it go's onto to keep it from moving around. Its my front wheel jack that scares me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles