2016-2017 F150 4x4 EcoBoost - Real world experiences??

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
That said, some of that may depend on the axle ratio. Most 5.0s are 3.55 and I believe most 3.5s are 3.73, so will use more fuel than if they had the same ratio.
My 5.0L has the 3:73's. 2015 so also has the 6 speed transmission. I;m averaging 12 liters per 100 km or about 19.5 MPG. Stock truck with stock size duratracs. Flat terrain with cruise set at 65 mph for about 45 minutes each way from work.

Amp34

Could you expand on this? That was one reason I'd consider moving up to a Lariat from my XLT.

I couldn’t remember off hand as it was a few months since I looked, but browsing the below thread I was reminded why. Used often the clutch pack burns out and needs replacing (it’s a consumable, but not cheap to replace).

On the 4A note however - You can add 4A onto an XLT fairly easily and cheaply. A simple transfer case, controller and switch swap and a setting in forscan and you’re done. 6 hours work and $1100 (half that if you get a used transfer case) apparently.

The joys of the modularity of trucks - basically plug and play.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I couldn’t remember off hand as it was a few months since I looked, but browsing the below thread I was reminded why. Used often the clutch pack burns out and needs replacing (it’s a consumable, but not cheap to replace).

On the 4A note however - You can add 4A onto an XLT fairly easily and cheaply. A simple transfer case, controller and switch swap and a setting in forscan and you’re done. 6 hours work and $1100 (half that if you get a used transfer case) apparently.

The joys of the modularity of trucks - basically plug and play.
Interesting. Figured it could be done, just not sure if it's worth it. I think the price difference on a loaded 302A XLT vs a 'basic' 500A Lariat isn't very much.

The appeal of the 'basic' Lariat for me is the 4A and the easier to clean leather seats. If ordering a new truck, I'd probaly order the vinyl floors for the ease of cleaning too..

wanabxtrm

Observer
I’ve got a 2016 500a lariat super crew with bench seat and heavy duty payload-package and max tow. I went lariat over xlt for the 4AWD setting on the transfer case. They limit options with the payload package to keep it above 2000 lbs but checks all my boxes. Long story short I highly recommend the configuration and would only change the addition of remote start. I’ve had many service employees comment that it’s not one they have ever see; but it’s just what they’d configure.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I’ve got a 2016 500a lariat super crew with bench seat and heavy duty payload-package and max tow. I went lariat over xlt for the 4AWD setting on the transfer case. They limit options with the payload package to keep it above 2000 lbs but checks all my boxes. Long story short I highly recommend the configuration and would only change the addition of remote start. I’ve had many service employees comment that it’s not one they have ever see; but it’s just what they’d configure.
Remote start isn't standard on Lariats?

Reactions: AJM
D

Deleted member 9101

You can easily add remote start for around $120.00.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Yes, I realize that. Just figured for a $55,000 + loaded, heated and ventilated leathered up truck that remote start should be standard. I was annoyed that my XLT with an msrp of 54K didn't come with factory remote start as standard equipment.

You must have the 500a package? Wasnt it standard in 501a and 502a?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

round00

What is the payload on your setup? Thanks

wanabxtrm

Observer
What is the payload on your setup? Thanks

Just over 2000; if I recall the sticker has 2250 or something close, but it had some additional things like a b&w turnover ball done by the dealer so when I weighed it on the scale it was somewhere in between. Other than the remote start it had all other options you could get with the HD payload package; which bested many f250’s I saw on the lot.

That new tremor package has me reconsidering going to a f350 srw though! At the time I thought a 350 was overkill but in reality after the topper, in bed shelving system, camper, roof rack with gear, dog, family and all our $#!+, 2000 pounds disappears rather quick.

D45

Explorer
I have the FX4.......came with heated and cooled leather seats and remote start

I do like having the ability to lock the rear axle in 2WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles