Jeep Gladiator #2 with ALU CAB.

Thanks for this! I am waiting for my gladiator to be built. I plan on doing the khaya, but I also hear that there will be a gladiator specific version.

Do you have any more information on this? The Gladiator + Khaya is what I’d really love to get in the next year or two. And speaking of which, I’m disappointed in the lack of Khaya coverage from Overland Expo. I was expecting a lot, but haven’t seen anything.

camodog

Adventurer
Do you have any more information on this? The Gladiator + Khaya is what I’d really love to get in the next year or two. And speaking of which, I’m disappointed in the lack of Khaya coverage from Overland Expo. I was expecting a lot, but haven’t seen anything.

I don’t. I did email Alu-Cab in South Africa directly and they are non-commital as most companies are these days.
The wife and I have decided to go the Jeep Way Out Concept route (bedrack, decked drawers, rtt, alu cab awning which we already have) for a few years until companies start making a good slide in camper for the gladiators.
My email to Alu-Cab also mentioned to flip everything for the US market.
Kitchen and Awning on the right side of the vehicle, so we can prepare meals on road sides. I doubt they will do it though. We don’t like the left hand awning and kitchen

I don’t. I did email Alu-Cab in South Africa directly and they are non-commital as most companies are these days.
The wife and I have decided to go the Jeep Way Out Concept route (bedrack, decked drawers, rtt, alu cab awning which we already have) for a few years until companies start making a good slide in camper for the gladiators.
My email to Alu-Cab also mentioned to flip everything for the US market.
Kitchen and Awning on the right side of the vehicle, so we can prepare meals on road sides. I doubt they will do it though. We don’t like the left hand awning and kitchen
Alu-Cab seems to be making inroads into the US pretty quickly, so hopefully they'll begin to take our market a little more seriously in the coming years. I would love to see a larger Khaya option for full-size trucks or a flat-bed option similar to their old Ossewa model.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Alu-Cab seems to be making inroads into the US pretty quickly, so hopefully they'll begin to take our market a little more seriously in the coming years. I would love to see a larger Khaya option for full-size trucks or a flat-bed option similar to their old Ossewa model.

I agree. Having a full-sized diesel with a larger Khaya would be just about perfect IMO. Especially a flatbed model with more access from outside.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The shape of the rear door is that way to keep cost down, both for FCA and Gladiator owners should they need to replace the door. Jeep didn't feel the expense of creating a specific door for the back of the Gladiator was necessary and this way should the owner need to replace the door they can just get a used or new JL door. For example, I had my LJ repainted and had to replace the decals and by a big margin the Unlimited decal was the most expensive because they sell far fewer Unlimited decals than they do Rubicon decals.
A buddy rigged up fork clamps on planks that are on slides. Slide the plank out, clamp bike down slide it in. His bikes just fit under the cap. Best way to haul bikes. Outa sight out the weather, dirt etc.

smlobx

Wanderer
Is the op in the us?
Where did you get the Alu-Cab for the Glad?
I’ve used them several times in Africa and they are awesome!

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Hello from a fellow Ohioan! Sharp looking build and really looking forward to how you do this and where you go with it!

hiker chick

Love this! I'm thinking about a Gator Gladiator and the Alu-Cab topper and awning are exactly what I'd want for it. Do you know what the interior height clearance is? Wondering if my Honda Monkey would fit inside. Also need to put a canoe on top.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Last edited:

eternus

Observer
The shape of the rear door is that way to keep cost down, both for FCA and Gladiator owners should they need to replace the door. Jeep didn't feel the expense of creating a specific door for the back of the Gladiator was necessary and this way should the owner need to replace the door they can just get a used or new JL door. For example, I had my LJ repainted and had to replace the decals and by a big margin the Unlimited decal was the most expensive because they sell far fewer Unlimited decals than they do Rubicon decals.

Also, it's hardly unprecedented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior