Moby1 Going Out Of Business? Has Anyone Received A Deposit Return?

shade

I would say not that curious.

My wife owns a hair salon with 2 partners. There was another salon that went out of business--was owned by the bank for a couple of months. We looked at it with a realtor and the place looked like it was closed for the day, not out of business. water/soda still in fridge, product still on the shelves, computer system, phones, etc.

They bought all of it. Cleaned it, replaced the product with their own (we had a LOT of shampoo at home), changed the sign, and opened the doors--using all the same stuff that came with the building.

I would say purchasing everything you could from the bank in a shop built for your purpose would be the best move possible.

Clearly a scam!

J'accuse!

opp

Observer
Will have say one thing that was not a lie face to face asked any good places to eat they sent me to La casita restaurant on north main ST They are all family at m1. One thing that happens after intent is sent out for CH7 the victim can not say are do anything to get there money back . There where letters sent out . They sue you if you did any thing So you would have go to UT . If you could not show up you lost they get more money from you But if you know some one that drives through UT and will stop by they can not ask for your money . they will get to see a trailer that was said to be built after the bankruptcy before must been a hologram I never thought I think this. If you do the require a 50% deposit and fall for the pay pall lie you got what ask for

Last edited:
B

BPD53

I've made my position clear over and over again....

I think it's pretty odd for people to come after me about any of this......

I don't think people are coming after you per say. I think they just can't figure out why a guy who states he has no interest in something is posting vigorously to defend it.

That's why I made my first post quoting you. I just don't get why your seemingly so passionate when it comes to their reputation.

I'll bet your a good friend to those you care about.

shade

I don't think people are coming after you per say. I think they just can't figure out why a guy who states he has no interest in something is posting vigorously to defend it.

That's why I made my first post quoting you. I just don't get why your seemingly so passionate when it comes to their reputation.

I'll bet your a good friend to those you care about.
Thanks. I do defend my friends. I also defend strangers, but I see a distinct difference between asking for fairness and mounting a defence of VORSHEER. Maybe that's not so clear to others.

I have repeatedly directed people to VORSHEER's thread. I've repeatedly asked that hard questions be put to them there, since that's where V has been answering them. I'm not familiar enough with the M meltdown to ask the right questions, and I have no standing in the matter.

I've repeatedly asked for proof that V is not acting in good faith, and the best response has been that since they bought Moby1's assets and members V's staff were employed by M (is that even true?), V is a scam. That's simply a faulty argument. If proof exists it should be well publicized.

I've repeatedly said that the M victims should put the work in to prove what links exist between M & V, and I've repeatedly said that if V is shown to be a scam, they should be exposed. I suggested that a financial link between M & V might prove to be a way for M victims to receive compensation.

VORSHEER definitely should defend itself from some of these attacks - which is what I keep saying, and why I keep telling people to post their comments in the right place. Since I haven't thrown in with the attackers, I've been characterized as some kind of flack for V. If someone really believes that's true, they're seeing what they want to see, and I can't talk them out of it. I just don't get it.

OverlandNA

bought Moby1's assets and members V's staff were employed by M (is that even true?)

VORSHEER is a company that is all about bringing functional, simple, and high-quality products to the market. Founded in 2018 by four former Moby1 employees, VORSHEER is owned and operated by the McCloud family who represents three generations of fabrication and manufacturing. VORSHEER originally starting as a custom fabrication company. We started out in my dad's garage in spring of 2018 doing custom dog and truck boxes. By the summer of 2018 we had moved into 221 W 900 N Suite 3 in Springville, UT, one of Moby1's old units that they had moved out of (they had units 1, 2 and 3 when they were in full operation). In November of 2018 a former Moby1 customer who had lost their deposit came to us. He was looking for a new trailer to meet his needs and, knowing VORSHEER’s capabilities, he came to us to commission the first XOC trailer we ever built. Later in the spri
ng of 2019, we bought out all of Moby1's assets from the bank who was managing their loan and moved into the main shop space they were using, Suite 1, where we reside now.

We have 15 years of combined overland trailer manufacturing experience.

opp

Observer
Also, fwiw, it looks like there's a new company called Vorsheer that is building a trailer remarkably similar to the Moby1, from the same building that Moby1 used to build out of, using at least four of the same employees. They are also actively denying any connection with Moby1. Their business license was created shortly before Moby1 closed shop. Coincidence? Hmmmm... I do find it interesting that their trailers start at 20k for the base model. There's also about a 10k price increase for each step up in trim, topping out at just shy of 40k. For a teardrop. Anyhow, here's their website for ********** and giggles

VORSHEER, LLC COMMERCIAL LICENSE 221 W 900 N, SUITE 3 CUSTOM METAL FABRICATION & TRAILERS 385-685-5037 SUNSHINE https://www.springville.org/community-development/files/2019/03/February-2019-New-Business-Report-1.pdf
TIG Welder
Moby1 Expedition Trailers

April 2014 – May 2017 3 years 2 months
Springville, Utah

Weld using various methods such as TIG, MIG, and pulse MIG on various types of material such as sheet aluminum, excursion aluminum, stainless steel and mild steel. Also fabricated various types of boxes, racks, ladders, and many other specialty parts for trailers.

Last edited:

opp

Observer
Sad it to late that why dad went with the ch7 had gone trail .jail fine and would have pay back could not be wipe out with ch7 Must been hard new square top trailer all the $20,000 deps lost but new plan THIS is the best part
Combat Engineer
US Army

August 2017 – Present 1 year 11 months
Ogden, Utah When I was there no vet own sign on the shop

Last edited:

opp

Observer
you hang in there shade don't back down you are my man. LOL
TIG Welder
Springville, Utah

Weld using various methods such as TIG, MIG, and pulse MIG on various types of material such as sheet aluminum, excursion aluminum, stainless steel and mild steel. Also fabricated various types of boxes, racks, ladders, and many other specialty parts for trailers.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davin-mccloud-43775b122

shade

you hang in there shade don't back down you are my man. LOL
TIG Welder
Springville, Utah

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davin-mccloud-43775b122
Back down? There's nothing to back down from.
What you've posted doesn't mean what you think it does, and you're apparently still afraid of asking VORSHEER questions.

If I was out $19,000 and was so confused that I thought accusing a stranger of recommending a restaurant would get my money back, I might post the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles