New Jeep - Gladiator Rubicon

Bobzdar

Observer
Traded my JLUR in on this earlier this week, I wanted to be able to take a little more with me than my JLUR could muster, especially on family camping trips.

So, if anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer. It's pretty fully loaded, I think the only meaningful option it doesn't have is the front facing trail camera. Will be taking it on a trip Memorial day weekend towing my Airstream, so that'll be the first time it gets a big workout. I should be giving it a good workout off-road 4th of July week and will be able to compare to how my JLUR performed as I took it to the same place last year.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Congrats! Nice looking truck! How long / heavy is the Airstream? I'll be curious to hear how it tows. Will you be using a weight distributing hitch?

Mako1114

Adventurer
That's a great looking Gladiator and JLUR for that matter. Did you keep the winch from the JLUR for the Gladiator?

Cheers

Bobzdar

Observer
Congrats! Nice looking truck! How long / heavy is the Airstream? I'll be curious to hear how it tows. Will you be using a weight distributing hitch?

It's a '67 Overlander, so 27'. Probably about 5k lbs loaded - I towed it with my JLUR using a WD hitch and sway damper and it didn't struggle so I don't imagine this will. I'll be using the same hitch, it has 500lb bars and my tongue weight is probably close to that (400-500lbs). Big thing is now we'll be able to take our bikes and a few other things without issue.

Bobzdar

Observer
That's a great looking Gladiator and JLUR for that matter. Did you keep the winch from the JLUR for the Gladiator?

Cheers

Yep, kept the winch and will probably install it this weekend, but let the roof bars go with it. If I want more storage I'll put something over the bed instead of the roof.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It's a '67 Overlander, so 27'. Probably about 5k lbs loaded - I towed it with my JLUR using a WD hitch and sway damper and it didn't struggle so I don't imagine this will. I'll be using the same hitch, it has 500lb bars and my tongue weight is probably close to that (400-500lbs). Big thing is now we'll be able to take our bikes and a few other things without issue.
Sounds like a sweet set up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Post up lots of pics from the trip.

moabian

The above ad is from a Canadian dealer. There are a lot of unscrupulous dealers in the U.S. who are adding several thousand dollars to the MSRP. If you add every possible option to a Rubicon, it totals $64,110 U.S.. There are dealers tacking on an additional $3K-5K. I ordered my well-equipped Rubicon on April 27. It had an MSRP of $54,050. I paid slightly over $50K.

I received a VIN yesterday so I should have the vehicle in a few weeks.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The above ad is from a Canadian dealer. There are a lot of unscrupulous dealers in the U.S. who are adding several thousand dollars to the MSRP. If you add every possible option to a Rubicon, it totals $64,110 U.S.. There are dealers tacking on an additional $3K-5K. I ordered my well-equipped Rubicon on April 27. It had an MSRP of $54,050. I paid slightly over $50K.

I received a VIN yesterday so I should have the vehicle in a few weeks.
Congrats on your truck!

Yes, that dealer is from my home province. So, that reflects what the prices are in my neck of the woods. Looks like the Sport S are about 53K.

(Sport S is the lowest trim level available in Canada)

moabian

I went to their website and looked at the options for that truck. An identically-optioned Gladiator in the U.S. would be $59,275 MSRP.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I went to their website and looked at the options for that truck. An identically-optioned Gladiator in the U.S. would be $59,275 MSRP.
Yup, after I saw that ad, I went to the US site to build one and got the same number. I added in adaptive cruise but, realized after the truck in the ad did not have it.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I sure want one of these rigs. I wonder if AT or Alu Cab will make some sort of topper for the truck bed with a sleeping area over the cab? The one I have in my head would be extremely cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior