Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Everything EGR related has fallen off. Parts pile is big.... Waiting for new parts to arrive to be installed. You have to stand on top of the engine, bend all the way over (after hitting your head on the hood repeatedly) and stuff your arms all the way to the shoulder to reach the bolts you cant see. Great..... Sawzall helped remove the coolers.....

47021889174_fc2d15c830_b.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Don’t fill the chain oiler. They leak everywhere. Just manually oil it when you use it.

All the rest of the stuff in your storage area will thank you. I probably don’t need to tell you where that suggestion originated.

java

Expedition Leader
Don’t fill the chain oiler. They leak everywhere. Just manually oil it when you use it.

All the rest of the stuff in your storage area will thank you. I probably don’t need to tell you where that suggestion originated.

Uh Oh..... Its already full! You have a Greenworks that leaks?

patoz

Expedition Leader
I'm interested in seeing how this saw does also, because I've been considering purchasing the DeWalt 12" version of it myself just for cutting firewood and maybe the occasional small tree across the trail. I wish they offered a 14" version of it but they don't. The next model up is a 16" and it's triple the cost, but it uses either the 40V or 60V Flexvolt battery.

Most pay campgrounds will call in a SWAT Team on you if you fire up a gas powered chainsaw. They don't want the noise or you cutting anything in the campground, even if it's firewood you brought with you. The battery powered saw will let you cut in 'stealth mode'.

I've been using the DeWalt 20V Cordless Sawzall with a 12" tree trimming blade, but you are somewhat limited as to what you can do with that blade.

java

Expedition Leader
I'm interested in seeing how this saw does also, because I've been considering purchasing the DeWalt 12" version of it myself just for cutting firewood and maybe the occasional small tree across the trail. I wish they offered a 14" version of it but they don't. The next model up is a 16" and it's triple the cost, but it uses either the 40V or 60V Flexvolt battery.

Most pay campgrounds will call in a SWAT Team on you if you fire up a gas powered chainsaw. They don't want the noise or you cutting anything in the campground, even if it's firewood you brought with you. The battery powered saw will let you cut in 'stealth mode'.

View attachment 515750

I've been using the DeWalt 20V Cordless Sawzall with a 12" tree trimming blade, but you are somewhat limited as to what you can do with that blade.

View attachment 515751
Yeah chainsaw is way better than sawzall. I was looking at the 16" 80v, but my friend who had this one said he would but the 40 again, so I did.

I'll report back once I have some real use. I have only cut a couple 3-3.5" branches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader
Since I live in a hurricane prone area, no matter what I buy it'll get used. (y)

Last edited:

b dkw1

Observer
Mount it with the blade on the top side. This will keep most of the oil from running out. If I leave mine sitting on the shelf it will eventually dump all the bar oil out. If I prop it up with the blade on top and flat, it doesn't drool all over the place.

java

Expedition Leader
Mount it with the blade on the top side. This will keep most of the oil from running out. If I leave mine sitting on the shelf it will eventually dump all the bar oil out. If I prop it up with the blade on top and flat, it doesn't drool all over the place.
Greenworks? I was planning blade vertically down

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Keep an eye on your EGT. As contradictory as it seems the EGR cools the combustion chamber at lower rpm (and does nothing at higher rpm). If you lug it now it has the potential to run hotter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior