2000 Cherokee XJ, long arm, locked, overland build $8k

osinrider04

Observer
Hi All - I'm putting up my overland-designed XJ for someone to take across the finish line and enjoy. Standard story of guy who has jeep, then has a kid and buys a house, therefore a project must be sold :-(. I've owned it for 5-6 years now and have been building it up as I started getting into overlanding. My build link is below for the entire write up. The build link currently does not show the dirtbound offroad steel fenders, Boostwerks Engineering ultimate steering brace, fixed roof rust or my completed front axle swap with 1 ton steering. Asking $8k (does not include RTT). I have over $25,000 in parts/labor with receipts from legit shops in the area that can vouch for the work.. All documentation will go along with the jeep.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/20...-build-229946/

The Good:
Front Suspension/Axle:
Rock Krawler 3 link long arm front suspension
Front coil springs (4.5" Rubicon Express Heavy Duty)
Brand new rebuilt front HP Dana 30 axle--4.88 gears
Yukon chromoly axle shafts
Brand new outter axle seals
JCR axle truss, upper and lower C gusset trusses as wellARB Air locker in front
G2 heavy duty diff cover
Custom relocated front sway bars for 3 link long arms

Steering/Brakes:
Boostwerks Engineering Ultimate XJ Steering Brace
Custom 1 ton over the knuckle cross-over steering
2004 grand cherokee knuckles with Akebono calipers
2004 Calipers and rotors
EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads
Centric Premium Rotors
Rear Suspension:
Chrysler 8.25 axle with mechanical locker in rear--4.88 gears
Completely rebuilt rear suspension on Old Man Emu rear leaf springs
G2 Heavy Duty diff cover
Wheels/Tires:
True beadlocks from Champion Offroad
5 33x12.50r15 BFG NA KO2 tires
Custom sandblasted and powdercoated wheels from Coatings USA
Brand new Grade 8 hardware (bolts and washers)

Other Upgrades:
IBS dual battery system with second odyssey deep cycle battery--all utilizing 2 gauge wiring
Engel 45 quart fridge
Viair onboard air system: twin compressors with 2.5 air tank. Can run air tools, refill tires, and pressurize the water system
Completely built custom roof rack: ARB awning with full room, custom floor welded in, custom welded mountain rack, RoadShower 3 (onboard water) attached, offroad light tabs welded onNP231 transfer case - Complete rebuild kit
Advanced Adapters Slip Yoke Eliminator kit
Front AND rear custom length Tom Woods drive shafts
Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper with swing out tire carrier for 5th tire
Brand new complete AC systemGrand Cherokee leather seats (front and rear)
Heavy duty Synergy ball joints kit upper and lower
Brown Dog motor mounts
Durango v8 160amp high output alternator
New exhaust
Boostwerks Engineer HD 231 TC shift Linkage
(4) Hella 700 Lamp Kit (on roof rack)(3) Hella 700 yellow fogs (on front bumper)Fatmat (sound deadener) all interior door cavities, entire floor, and rear hatchHerculined entire floor overtop of fatmat as extra layer of protection from interior waterBrand new black carpet through entire cab (front and tail gate), with additional mass backing option for even more sound deadeningNew shims for driveline angle correctionNew crank shaft sensorChange front and rear yoke seals of transfer caseU joints, wheel bearings, front differential seal, New valve cover gasketMonstaliner entire exterior of jeep in blackInstall thicker gauge headlight harness, install new headlightsH4 head light upgrade (clear lenses for huge light output improvement, 100% legal)u-joint assembly spicer 1310 series (5x)Tow Hitch wiring kit from QuadratecNew thermostat housingDirtbound Offroad Steel fender flaresRemovable front doors
The bad:
Front e-locker is installed, but needs to be wired to a switch
Roof rack needs to be repainted one day
Herculiner exterior has some parts that is not perfect anymore
Sway bar brackets need to be redone. After the front axle swap with one ton steering, the drag link hits the bracket
Driveline angle needs to be re-shimmed after the front axle swap. Jeep has some highway vibration because of it
Hood latch stopped working. Just purchased Autofab hood latches to replace entire system (in progress)

I will post pictures of interior tomorrow when I can get some new photos in daylight. First picture below does not have the new front axle swap shown or the steel fender flares

nash.s.phillips

Wheres the vehicle currently located? Also lets see those pics of the interior! I'm very interested by the way just need some more pics first.

Last edited:

osinrider04

Observer
Sorry guys -- apparently I don't have my notifications turned on for my own for sale thread :-(. I'll get interior pictures posted as soon as I can, but for those asking it has been fully converted from a black and tan interior to the black and gray interior from a donor XJ. I've also installed front grand cherokee leather seats and have the matching rear bench that has yet to be installed (requires hammering down the tranny tunnel a bit and I just never got around to it). The interior does need your own storage options. Right now my onboard air and dual battery are mounted in the tailgate temporarily so that I could plan out a true storage solution. That was another project I never finished. All lights are controlled via a custom built switch that converted the ash tray to a switch bank. The rest of the interior is unmolested honestly.

I'm also located in Fairfax, VA 22030. Willing to arrange shipping if that is necessary too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online