Snow Peak IGT gas grill & Snow Peak reviews and tweaks

Honu

lost on the mainland
I use a old soft cooler bag ?
been using more of those for my gear and dumping my pelican cases
often can find the size I want they are cheap and padded and will keep the messy grill away form other stuff :)

no idea on the windscreen where to get one ?

as far as the stock partner one yes and no ?

I am sure you could use it stock now if you just used it on top of it somehow like the metal inserts and just used it like a stove on top ? could work

also the way I ordered mine was no screen/lid attached and I use the top as you can see a couple posts up I line it with foil for food prep :) its awesome for that keeps all the food junk easy to clean and the camp cleaner etc.....

if you put it down in like I did I can't see a way to use it since it would be hard to make it drop in and be level ?
to me the flush surface and being able to move items around or take in and out and just the ability to slide a pan over on the same level is nice and is the key thing

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
OK got it in tonight :)
used stainless hardware and a piece of 1 inch L channel aluminum pretty basic job nothing fancy at all

the small hole in the top is from where the handle was and I moved the handle to the top
magma-11.jpg

another view
magma-12.jpg

the hole you see lower is for the lighter to go in
magma-13.jpg

what it looks like in the IGT the fit is perfect :)
magma-14.jpg

with the new grill box I got from EE today :) with the lids on
the nice thing is both lids can work on the other box ? so I could set one aside and just swap the one I want to use :) but my plan will usually be both off though
magma-15.jpg

side view with regulator on the gas stove you can see how they are really about the same size unit
magma-16.jpg

another couple views of the grill box and the magma the regulator does not really stick out but is easy to reach and see
magma-17.jpg

magma-18.jpg

with the burner in place instead
magma-19.jpg

anyway hope this helps someone looking for a gas grill for the IGT

or if you are looking for a nice gas grill for camping that is small and very nice quality check out the Magma stuff have to say I think it is the nicest built portable grill around
comparing it to the SP grill box in some ways its better thought out with the legs that can stay on and fold out of the way and the way the top locks on with a nice super solid cam buckle
I love the SP stuff but have to say again this magma unit is a perfect setup for getting a gas option into SP stuff since the build quality is so great and the fit is so perfect for the IGT

Bummer, been meaning to do this mod for a while and the pics are gone. Probably a dang photo hosting site issue. Oh well.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Bummer, been meaning to do this mod for a while and the pics are gone. Probably a dang photo hosting site issue. Oh well.

HEY thanks for mentioning :) please reply back if they are working :) I can repost if they are not working

Honu

lost on the mainland
Honu, nope they aren't there. Seems the majority of your pics are missing from this thread. :-(

OK one more try on my side for ya :)

again hope this works and I will work to get them back so you can see them :) we will get you those pics :) hahahahahah

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
OK one more try on my side for ya :)

again hope this works and I will work to get them back so you can see them :) we will get you those pics :) hahahahahah
Sweet!!! It works. Thanks for helping out the masses with this great content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles