Bumper reflectors LED lights???

Ray_G

Explorer
I put the smoke ones on circa...2014. They died late last year. Given their cost, I thought that was a decent enough deal. Will likely replace at some point-just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm thinking I'll go white for the extra backup light.
Was also the nite ize flush mount LEDs that are about the same price on Amazon and look much more powerful. Looks like there's a good spot to mount them in the corner of the bumper.

Ray_G

Explorer
I assume you've already replaced the bulbs in the tail lights?

I added lights on the back of my rack-big help.

I haven't. on my last truck I did swap out the OEM tail lights for what we're supposed to be super bright LEDs and didn't really make any difference. Are you guys finding something better for the lr3 s?

Do you remember if you had to pull the bumper cover off install them? or will you be able to fish at through existing holes? Did you have to drill a new hole in the bumper for the wires?

Ray_G

Explorer
Absolutely no need to remove bumper cover. I ran wires down from the taillights and fished them through the steel bumper.

This isn't worth overthinking; it's $25 and an hour of wiring (w/half that being drinking and figuring out which wires to tap for what)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94