Adjusting the spring on an FG cab lift mechanism

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I adjusted mine this evening. Stupid simple. Thanks for the pointers and pictures.

MJCake1

What is the reason for "always adjust this with the cab tilted" ? Just for access?
I can access it without tilting.
Just have not done it yet and wondered...

MJCake1

Yep it was hard to adjust like that, but me and the wife just got lifted and adjusted. Hell I got it lifted myself after she went in the camper and pulled the accordion boot back.
Now I can finally do maintenance myself!
Thanks for all the intel guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20181029_103402~3.jpg
    IMG_20181029_103402~3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Now I can finally do maintenance myself!
A simple adjustment that seemingly so few people know about.
When adjusted correctly, the force required to tilt the cab should be fairly minimal, and definitely something that one person can do easily.
For me, it's not just that this adjustment makes the cab easier to tilt, it also makes it much safer to close too, as the cab does not want to slam down and squash you.

It can be a bit inconvenient at times, but if you want to reduce the effort even further, try opening one or both doors before tilting the cab.

MJCake1

A simple adjustment that seemingly so few people know about.
When adjusted correctly, the force required to tilt the cab should be fairly minimal, and definitely something that one person can do easily.
For me, it's not just that this adjustment makes the cab easier to tilt, it also makes it much safer to close too, as the cab does not want to slam down and squash you.

It can be a bit inconvenient at times, but if you want to reduce the effort even further, try opening one or both doors before tilting the cab.
Thanks Ski.
I've known about the door trick. Previously it has always taken a couple of big guys at the shop to hoist it up. The cab has upgraded 6 way air seats and a heavy big ass console with gun safe etc..
It wasn't til the last shop I was at that the mech pointed out the adjustment bolt.
I finally got around to searching for it yesterday and lo and behold found this thread. This will same me time and money. It's quite a bit of work just to prepare it for tilting. I have 6 straps and 3 boxes to get off the rack, disconnect the front bumper grill guard to tilt, empty the cab and disconnect the boot and move stuff out of there too. But I have to do all that when taking it in anyway. The shop gets the easy job!

Clyde4x4fuso

Well I've had fuso trucks for a couple of decades now and had no idea about this adjustment. But now thanks to you guys I can tilt my cab without having to call my wife and ask for help.
Such an easy simple adjustment with an unbelievable result, thanks heaps for the information

Bliksim

Thanks guys, awesome forum, I have been struggling for the past 3 years trying to raise my cab, after fitting a roof cage and replacing the original seating with Stratos suspension seats and centre console it was impossible to lift, since adjusting the spring, it is now a breeze. It was such a simple and easy fix and like one of the previous posts, Fuso said I would need to install some kind of hydraulic lift. dismal!
Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles