Off Grid Trailers New Summit Model:

GkraneTX

Off Grid said they cant install an air conditioning unit due to the generator required and the power consumption. This baffles me since they say the installation part is not an issue, just the power consumption. I'm not sure if they have anyone over there who knowws what they are doing after flipmachine left. I guess the Summit model is no more as well.

Louisd75

Adventurer
Off Grid said they cant install an air conditioning unit due to the generator required and the power consumption. This baffles me since they say the installation part is not an issue, just the power consumption. I'm not sure if they have anyone over there who knowws what they are doing after flipmachine left. I guess the Summit model is no more as well.

You likely won't be able to run an AC for very long on the battery. IIRC, your plan was for a generator, why not ask them if they'd install it to a shore power connection?

GkraneTX

Yes I knew this. I guess I assumed that as a manufacturer they would know that I wasn't planning on running it off of the battery. They said No.

GkraneTX

Gkrane just get a Climate Right HVAC and a 2k generator and you are good to go
Climate Right
Oh yea, if Flip makes you one make sure he finishes his first, I REALLY want to what a first class builder does for their own rig

ratled

They don't offer the 4 inch ports required for the climate right unit. I would have had no problem getting a 3k+ generator for the Dometic unit but after finally getting some clarification from lead dog motorsports on the issue, they are trying to correct some previous mistakes in manufacturing before adding other options. I completely understand though. It seems with every trailer company there is some give and take with none offering a complete solution. For those that have the fabrication skills and tools I can see how making your own trailer has huge advantages.

Lead Dog

Observer
You likely won't be able to run an AC for very long on the battery. IIRC, your plan was for a generator, why not ask them if they'd install it to a shore power connection?
I've had customers try it with twin Lithium Ion Battery's and there good for about 3 hrs only?? Not worth the effort or $$ in my book!

Lead Dog

Observer
Off Grid said they cant install an air conditioning unit due to the generator required and the power consumption. This baffles me since they say the installation part is not an issue, just the power consumption. I'm not sure if they have anyone over there who knowws what they are doing after flipmachine left. I guess the Summit model is no more as well.[/QUOTE

I tried calling you but you didn't pick up? But if you want to talk I'm available anytime! Randy 928.208.2006

At this point in time OGT just isn't interested in building or installing one off custom builds & options, Sorry! It's a Company decision. The focus is to build units... Good Quality, No Wood Builds that will last the test of time! Down the road that may change but for right now It's all about customer service, quality and standard practices in production and #'s! When you throw in a bunch of different options in different trailers things can get screwed up! There are other trailer Manufactures that do it and do it very well, I work with one of the best at that! But that also limits the quantity of units your building and OGT is looking to go head to head with the Majors and build high end trailers on the lot for walk in purchase's, so you don't have to wait to #getoutthere!

GkraneTX

Randy, I appreciate the offer to talk but really no need if you cant provide a component that is vital to my needs. I understand you can't put in every option that people ask for but you do advertise the trailer as a 4 seasons trailer. Summer to me in South Texas is Air Conditioning time. I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 27 years and I can't imagine spending a summer night in a trailer with no Air Conditioning there either. What is the update on the Summit which is what this thread was about?

Lead Dog

Observer
Randy, I appreciate the offer to talk but really no need if you cant provide a component that is vital to my needs. I understand you can't put in every option that people ask for but you do advertise the trailer as a 4 seasons trailer. Summer to me in South Texas is Air Conditioning time. I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 27 years and I can't imagine spending a summer night in a trailer with no Air Conditioning there either. What is the update on the Summit which is what this thread was about?
Again Sorry if what we have right now isn't a option to serve your needs, as I told you I'm willing to talk with you on the phone about it and probably fix your needs but as stated I'm not interested in Hanging Dirty laundry out on the Web! Call me if you get serious about it! Randy

GkraneTX

Again Sorry if what we have right now isn't a option to serve your needs, as I told you I'm willing to talk with you on the phone about it and probably fix your needs but as stated I'm not interested in Hanging Dirty laundry out on the Web! Call me if you get serious about it! Randy
What are you talking about? I thought all of my posts on the forum were more than civil tongued. By the way I am serious and you don't warrant a call if you can't meet my needs. Where is this dirty laundry mentioned or stated on the web? Again, what is the status of the Summit which is what this thread was about.

Last edited:

honda250xtitan

uh yea don't camp in phx from may-november....that why we have Flagstaff, Payson, Prescott, Young, Etc etc...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles