Hiker / Lead Dog Trailer Owners Post Up

mezcalfud

I can't speak to how fast they are moving these out, but demand must be crazy at this price point and level of quality so I don't think these are QC issues that I am running into, instead I would say more of finishing touches. I couldn't build it better and even if i did, I'd likely be fixing a few things here and there.

The screw heads inside that attach the fender were a bit rough, likely due to a high torque driver and I wouldn't have noticed other than when I dropped the queen mattress in, it was snagging and hanging up. 5 minutes with a file and some silicone (which I also got everywhere) fixed it. The interior door plates are very thick and again likely required some force to screw in so I filed the edges of the plates , realigned a screw or 2, and filed/siliconed them. Some wiping down with alcohol, a vacuum and- viola -it is my trailer and I want it my way!

I went into this purchase understanding that the entire trailer is built as a (very solid) canvas that I can use it as is or go crazy with and it is exactly what I wanted (OK I really wanted the big 4x4 but I'd be living in it). My one input would be to add the plastic caps to exposed interior screw heads mostly for looks and I would've liked the option to have had it painted like the Noveske Pig.
1541025166392.png

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
I can't speak to how fast they are moving these out, but demand must be crazy at this price point and level of quality so I don't think these are QC issues that I am running into, instead I would say more of finishing touches. I couldn't build it better and even if i did, I'd likely be fixing a few things here and there.

The screw heads inside that attach the fender were a bit rough, likely due to a high torque driver and I wouldn't have noticed other than when I dropped the queen mattress in, it was snagging and hanging up. 5 minutes with a file and some silicone (which I also got everywhere) fixed it. The interior door plates are very thick and again likely required some force to screw in so I filed the edges of the plates , realigned a screw or 2, and filed/siliconed them. Some wiping down with alcohol, a vacuum and- viola -it is my trailer and I want it my way!

I went into this purchase understanding that the entire trailer is built as a (very solid) canvas that I can use it as is or go crazy with and it is exactly what I wanted (OK I really wanted the big 4x4 but I'd be living in it). My one input would be to add the plastic caps to exposed interior screw heads mostly for looks and I would've liked the option to have had it painted like the Noveske Pig.
View attachment 481499
The important thing is to be satified, overall. And it sounds like you are and that's encouraging, despite my previous comments.

mezcalfud

The tire is not touching the cab- has about and inch but I can move it anywhere. I can not open my FJ door all the way but almost (95%).

chase2034

Anyone here from Norther California (Livermore/Pleasanton area)? Recently picked up a 5X8 off road. I'm looking to doing the electrical and water system upgrades myself. I already have all the parts from hiker. I would love to link up with a fellow owner up here and get an in person visual on those systems. Thanks!

mezcalfud

Dozen or so trips now, from a few blocks away at Del Mar Beach to Glamis, Idyllwild and Agua Caliente. Enjoying every minute of it.
I have yet to hook up the brake controller and have not done anything other than add the bed, spare tire mount and curtains, also moved the awning from the FJ to the trailer.
IMG_1539.jpg

flank steak

Anybody using theirs in the pacific northwest? I'd like to know how the trailer does in WA's wetter environment. I want to place an order but it's a 1 year wait time.

ratled

Adventurer
Not mine but this guy has several recent videos up on the deluxe model - not many out there on this one

geanes

Really like them. Saw an Extreme Off-Road version (used) and was about to purchase (deal fell through when the seller told me they had previously agreed to sell it to someone else pending their setting up transport to another state....I got my deposit back). Reached out to Hiker about building an identical setup and was told 15 months lead time. I was shocked. At that far out, I'd barely be able to get any use out of the trailer until late 2020/early 2021. Great trailer, but way too long on the lead time. The base models might be less on the lead time.

ratled

Adventurer
Really like them. Saw an Extreme Off-Road version (used) and was about to purchase (deal fell through when the seller told me they had previously agreed to sell it to someone else pending their setting up transport to another state....I got my deposit back). Reached out to Hiker about building an identical setup and was told 15 months lead time. I was shocked. At that far out, I'd barely be able to get any use out of the trailer until late 2020/early 2021. Great trailer, but way too long on the lead time. The base models might be less on the lead time.
I think Randy's time is less, might want to call him

chrisBTSC

I picked up my used 5x9 EOR from a guy in Colorado last February. I had to wait a couple weeks to actually go pick it up as weather between CA and CO was not great. I really lucked out as it was exactly what I would have ordered but didn't have to deal with the 1 year wait time. First trip will be this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2667_80.jpg
    IMG_2667_80.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30

OmegaMan73

Observer
hdusbCj.jpg

9PP4SSD.jpg

QtO3oQZ.jpg

I'm a proud new Hiker trailer owner! I won the chance to buy this trailer at the Overland Expo 2 weeks ago. It's the 5x8' extreme off road model. I took it out for the first time this past weekend and its great. There's going to be a lot of good times ahead for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles