ARB fridge or ???

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Last edited:

5spd97

I have a 1.5 cubic ft. chest type Truck Fridge and it works great. I'd venture that there is not a bunch of difference in real world performance of any of the Danfoss compressor fridges of similar size.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’ve purchased a CRX-50 Dometic. Average power consumption is rated at about 1A/hr. I’ve yet to install it.

Best price I Found was at Raney’s Truck with the code NEW10. At the time less than $500 shipped to the door. Front loading, Fidge, Freezer, or Fridge & Freezer.

Rico24/7

I have a 1.5 cubic ft. chest type Truck Fridge and it works great. I'd venture that there is not a bunch of difference in real world performance of any of the Danfoss compressor fridges of similar size.

I’m Very New here, but the Information Resource has been Amazing. Regarding your observation about the Danfoss compressor units, is there an “easy” method to narrow down units with that far-superior compressor (compared to Cheapese Wanbao) ?
I email Dometic directly for example, and never got a response.
Converting a Jeep Cherokee in to my ‘home’. Looking for fridge freezer that fits between seats (e.g. Dometic cdf11 ?) or similar up to about 12”.
Haven’t had much (luck) on Discounted Pricing either.

* if this equates to a Thread Hijack of OP, I sincerely apologize. Admins, feel free to “do with me” as fitting.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
A CDF11 is tiny. I’d seriously consider putting it somewhere else. The local RV supplier had some discounts and sale prices, but that wouldn’t help you.

Rico24/7

Appreciate that Bikersmurf. It is a SMALL Jeep, and I’m pretty much accounting for Every Possible interior (space). A member on here converted his to an Overlander (“...Not My First Rodeo” Build Thread), and I’m doing a Poor Man’s version of his build.
I’m even mounting items in wheel wells and at frame rail, so I’m pretty limited on options. Needs to be pretty narrow. I think that Dometic’s ‘25 might ... might fit

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I have a manual switch between the vehicle and house system. Two vehicle batteries and one group 31 house battery as well as the heavy duty alternator to charge up everything.

Here is some information on the electrical.

Bikersmurf - I looked at the Blue Seas ACR but not sure about it. The van has a 140amp alternator and the Blue Sea is rated for 120amp running. Now I know the alternatior does not put out that much all the time but still considering it.

I have the BS7622 and it's been 100% rock solid. Don't hesitate.

Vanhalo

We have put an Arb 50 qt. through 7 years of use, kids, soccer dads grabbing a cold one, washboard roads etc. i run one battery & it’s worked great. and the only gripe is the fluctuation in zones and setting the temp so things don’t freeze as you start to empty the fridge . However that could be my doing because I like to set everything at a very low temp . Lots of options now a days.

Hard to argue with this testimony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles