New spare tire bag final testing!

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
The small ladder bag, could it hold 2-4 Treds or Maxtrax? It wouldn't have to close but do they have vent holes water could drain through?

robert

Expedition Leader
That looks very well built. I would love to see one of those designed for a tailgate. Perhaps ~18" wide and ~18" tall.

I like the roll top design and the material used.

I agree. My current bag is certainly well made but it's way too large for what I need.

Scoutman

Explorer
I agree. My current bag is certainly well made but it's way too large for what I need.

Yes, same here. I would think ideal size for a truck would span from the tailgate latch to the edge, top to just shy of the bottom. I found when our bag was loaded and I lowered the tailgate it would bind up on the bumper and try to eject the tailgate off the hinge. The only way I got around that was to scoot it to the middle (where the bumper step recess is) but that covered the latch. I eventually gave up and it's collecting dust in the shop.

robert

Expedition Leader
Yes, same here. I would think ideal size for a truck would span from the tailgate latch to the edge, top to just shy of the bottom. I found when our bag was loaded and I lowered the tailgate it would bind up on the bumper and try to eject the tailgate off the hinge. The only way I got around that was to scoot it to the middle (where the bumper step recess is) but that covered the latch. I eventually gave up and it's collecting dust in the shop.

Same. I played around with it in the driveway after I got it but it's never been used and it's sitting in the shed in the original shipping box unused.

JCDriller

Adventurer
The small ladder bag, could it hold 2-4 Treds or Maxtrax? It wouldn't have to close but do they have vent holes water could drain through?

I'd love a ladder bag that held maxtrax against the ladder with the smaller bag outboard for recovery gear. Simply unclip it and you've got all (most) your recovery gear in one bag. Not sure how well the bag would hold up with constant vibration against the maxtrax though. May create too many wear points.

SigSense

Adventurer
Looks very secure and rugged. Are you a former/current rigger? We had similar bags for securing gear during HALO jumps.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Those bags are truly attractive and most likely the appropriate size for most folks. there are so many variations of use of a trash bag that 'one size fits all' is not going be the best to work as some want one for a tailgate, some for a tire and some for a ladder. These are probably going to work for most and if I had the option of getting something like this before I bought my Trasharoo I might have done so. For the price the oversized Trasharoo is probably going to be the one I use mostly because I have it and until it dies that will be what I use.
Thanks to the designer for creating something that possibly has the most user friendly applications.

Love the bag....just my little suggestion, but the bag needs a handle on the side as well. A tall person could carry the bag from the top handle, but disconnecting it from the tire and carrying it, for a short person, would be hard since the bag is very long and if full, very heavy. This would help someone who is short carry it without having to actually lift it up to keep it from dragging. This would be a nice bag for traveling, not just camping, but in that instance, you would want to be able to quickly disconnect and then put it inside the vehicle or hotel (never limit your ability to sell to multiple groups who would use it differently) Also, the design is great and looks good, so if someone did want to make a trash type bag, just modify so the inside is waterproof and can be hosed out and add some holes in the bottom for drainage, and there you go, another market to sell to and no need to retool the factory.

s.e.charles

the bag looks like a well made product, but my word if you need to carry this much stuff, shouldn't there be a rethink about why?

Nathansharkey80

I have been waiting for one of these bags to hit the market for over a year. I am not sure that he is making them.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

shade

the bag looks like a well made product, but my word if you need to carry this much stuff, shouldn't there be a rethink about why?
I have enough room inside my truck's canopy that I don't use an external bag, but I can see uses for one. I used to use one for bulky, dirty, relatively light loads. Charcoal and a little wood for fire, an empty Luggable Loo, that sort of thing.

plh

Explorer
McCann USA or on Instagram at nomad_adventure_gear - nothing here. Maybe a 1 and done type deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles