SOLD: Epic Ford E-350 Overland Conversion Van

SeaVan

Reluctantly selling an epic overlanding conversion for all occasions. The base vehicle is a 2006 E-350 diesel cargo van. It was in fleet service until 2013 when the previous owner bought it and put on the SportsMobile manual camper top. I bought it in 2014 and did the rest of the conversion. For the base vehicle itself, that's a full U-Joint Offroad 4x4 conversion, done by U-Joint themselves in their Asheville, NC HQ. The conversion included a full body-off engine rebuild, EGR delete, turbo refurb, etc. Rear airbags, an ARB 2.5gal compressor, and an Espar diesel heater for the interior were done at the same time. On top of this, the front springs were converted to leafs for comfort and ride, and a 6" life with 35" tires complete the offroading mechanicals. For such a large vehicle, it drives like a dream. It's been driven across country on 5 separate occasions now.

After the mechanicals were squared away, I took the van to Adventure Trailers in Prescott, AZ for a full interior and exterior conversion. The focus was on maximum flexibility for overlanding type expeditions in a smaller vehicle. The full list of work would take pages, so I'll try and cover the high points. A full invoice for the work done by Adventure Trailers is available to serious interested buyers.

Interior work done:

- Cargo van seats replaced by captains chairs from a Toyota Sienna. Makes eating up long drives a joy compared to the old seats. Passenger seat swings to face the rear.
- A full bench seat in the back that can both lie flat as an alternate bed, or fold up and swing away to allow full front-to-back access w/o having to climb over anything.
- Full electrical system for interior, including 110v, shore power, 4G/LTE signal booster, and LED lighting throughout the interior and exterior
- A rollaway cooking and food storage system built around an ARB fridge and propane cooking system.
- A hideaway Wrappon Trekker disposable toilet system. This is an amazing bit of comfort in such a small van.
- Military grade cargo tiedown rails throughout
- A custom build heavy-duty awning/tent that can be built out from the side cargo door to extend the closed/dry area outwards.
- Custom bumpers front and back, including a Honda 2000 generator in the accessory box for shore power.

Again, this isn't a complete list. Just the most interesting functional bits. It's an amazing van that can do things and go places most other vehicles in this size and price range can't. My current situation doesn't let me get maximum use out of the vehicle, so rather than let it sit, I've decided to put it up for sale and let someone else enjoy it. These things are meant to be enjoyed out in nature, not out of the window of a garage.

Known defects: 1) Power draws down over time unless plugged into shore power. 2) One of the 2 marine batteries is currently dead and needs to be reconditioned. 3) Rear ratio is 4.56:1 but spedo hasn't been corrected so indicated speed is higher than actual. Mileage as well. 4) Front passenger tire has an extremely slow leak (needs topping off from onboard air once every 2 weeks or so).

Many more pictures can be seen here: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AiHMnoX_ZBKSrMMPfNtKPrw_VvN9hQ

Asking $50,000 -- now $40,000. This will be a dream van for the next owner. Happy to answer any questions, either here or (for a much faster response) via email: SeaVan2018 [at] outlook.com

Pop Top Up (1).jpg
Full dash view (1).jpg
Passenger Captain's Chair Swung Backwards (1).jpg
Rear Bench Flat (1).jpg
Exterior 5.jpg

Last edited:

SeaVan

Sold! Congrats to the new owner. May you enjoy it as much as I did and have many happy adventures together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94