Expo trailer w/ giant 3 Dog RTT - SoCal.

CUCV737

Overland trailer for sale.

I love this trailer. So why sell it? I need to get a little more creature comforts for the Mrs. and kid when things get really hot/cold, etc. I bought this trailer in 2014. I’m not sure who made it but it is well constructed. Because of the some of the features built into the trailer I believe it was a custom built (minus the tent and rack which I added). I have taken it camping but it’s off road use has been dirt roads, nothing too aggressive in my opinion. I have done my best to take good card of the trailer and tent. When not in use it is in my garage. At the end of every trip I set the tent up and hose it off, let it dry and then pack it back up.

A little bit about the Roof Top Tent. The RTT was made by 3 Dog Camping. 3 Dog is an Australian company. I bought this tent from 3 Dog when they were trying to break into the US Market. It was a demo model used in the camping shows for one season and comes complete with all the options, including the extra awning, extra privacy wall for the bed area, poles and lines. Also includes an extra brand new grey rubberized cover. The bed is a memory foam, queen side mattress. The openings of the vestibule can all be used as awnings as well and you can see that by looking at some of the pictures. Besides a little rub marks it is in truly great shape. All the zippers work great. The vestibule has 4 sides and a floor. I’ll include the rug as it fits in there great and is soft and comfortable.

Without trying to forget anything here are some details of the Trailer:

· Trailer box is 6’L X 4 ½’ W X29” H

· Length over all is 12’ 4” in shorter tongue configuration (IIRC extended add 3-4 feet)

· 6’7” ish overall height with RTT

· LED brake and running lights

· 27 gallon water tank in frame (I do not have a water pump hooked up for it)

· 2 Nato Water Cans

· 2 propane tanks

· Wilco Spare Tire swing-out bumper carrier (new 11/2017)

· 3 steel wheels with 33” General Grabbers very good tread

· Steel trailer top is hinged but needs stronger struts because of tent

· Diamond plate tongue box

· Extendable tongue

· Electric brakes (I used the lowest setting on my brake controller and it worked very well)

· 7 pin connector

I’m including the following accessories with the trailer:

· Trail Kitchen “chuck box” (if you don’t know them, look them up)

· AquaCube portable hot water/shower

· ArcPak smart power box w/ Die Hard Advanced Gold Battery

· 20 Watt Amorphous solar panel

· AT Overland wood drawer

· Max Coupler hitch

· 4 Action Packer boxes (they pack in the trailer box really well so I’ll include them)

· Floor rug (since it fits nicely)

I have some more camping odds and ends I’ll include, I won’t include anything that isn’t in good shape so don’t worry about getting any crap.

This is a ready go tent and trailer and takes about 5-10 minutes to set up (after you do it a couple of times. I still have the instructions sent by 3 Dog on assembly and it’s good to look at them the first couple of times.

$15,000 firm (cash) including all the extras but I’ll certainly listen to any reasonable offers. I took it to Joshua Tree National Park last weekend and everything worked as it should so I’m confident to sell it as is. Southern California pick-up only. I have more pictures I can send.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for looking.
Packed Up2.jpg
trailer sale11.jpg
trailer sale5.JPG
Packed Up1.jpg
Bed3.jpg
Exterior3.jpg
Exterior1.jpg
trailer sale9.jpg
trailer sale4.jpg
Interior1.jpg

CUCV737

I just wanted to make a small correction to my post. I'm asking $15,000 but will consider reasonable offers. It's a small change but I thought it was important. Thanks for looking.

itsdchz

I am relatively local, and would jump on this, however, I’m having a tough time with your pricing. You are selling at a premium close to a turtle back price, yet lack comparable build, options, and features. Many similar are priced at sub $10k. I don’t mean to knock your trailer, but could you provide more info on what separates your trailer to justify price? More info on the box, build, would help, or more pics of options? I can get a shell and RTT for around $6k (Smittybilt Scout), and add the emenities for $2000-2500.. what sets yours apart? Again, not knocking your beautiful setup, but would love more info.

Last edited:

CUCV737

I am relatively local, and would jump on this, however, I’m having a tough time with your pricing. You are selling at a premium close to a turtle back price, yet lack comparable build, options, and features. Many similar are priced at sub $10k. I don’t mean to knock your trailer, but could you provide more info on what separates your trailer to justify price? More info on the box, build, would help, or more pics of options? I can get a shell and RTT for around $6k (Smittybilt Scout), and add the emenities for $2000-2500.. what sets yours apart? Again, not knocking your beautiful setup, but would love more info.

Thanks for your questions, I don't take offense. Reflecting on it I probably am a little sentimental over it and perhaps my starting price reflected that. I really don't have any info on the build, unfortunately. Only that I've never had any problems with it. I do know that the 3 Dog Camping RTT of this size and options new is $7,000 (or at least it was when I got mine). I looked at the Smittybilt trailer and it looks a little smaller, not sure if it has electric brakes or an internal water tank. Turtlebacks are really nice and you can get one set up for about $15K, which I didn't really know, honestly. It also looks a little smaller and the tent is smaller for sure and doesn't have all the awnings. That being said it is all encompassing and good to go right off the bat. The Trail Kitchen "Chuck Box" I'm including is $500 (https://trailkitchens.com/collections/all). The Ark Pak portable power station is between $329-$429 (https://www.arkportablepower.com/products/arkpak-730-portable-power) and that doesn't include the battery. I saw a used one on Expedition Portal sold for $250. Wilco Hitchgate is $600 (https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate-solo).

If you were going to chose between the Smittybilt and the Turtleback, I'd wait and save for the Turtleback. Mine seems to be in between the two, closer to the Turtleback perhaps than the Smittybilt with everything included. Here are some pictures of the extras. Let me know if you have any other questions. If I missed any of your questions, let me know.

Attachments

• AT drawer1.jpg
    AT drawer1.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 163
  • AquaCube1.jpg
    AquaCube1.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 164
  • wilco1.jpg
    wilco1.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 161
  • thumbnail_IMG_8027.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8027.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 163
  • thumbnail_IMG_8029.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8029.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 142

itsdchz

Thank you for your response. I think the price is high because of the amazingly huge tent you have, especially compared to others. Your info helps justify the price difference, as most are $2k-$3500. $7000 is steep, but understandable for the size.

CUCV737

Yeah, the tent is a lot larger than, say, a Tepui or equivalent. Platform/base is diamond plate and is queen sized, so the memory foam mattress lays directly on it. Here is a link to the canvas that 3 Dog uses (http://www.3dogcamping.eu/en/canvas.php), just for your information. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your messages.

CUCV737

I've decided to drop the price of the trailer to $14,000 or a reasonable offer. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

CUCV737

If anyone on this thread is attending Overland Expo West, I'll be there with the trailer. Come on by for a visit, look it over and see what you think. Thanks.

itsdchz

If anyone on this thread is attending Overland Expo West, I'll be there with the trailer. Come on by for a visit, look it over and see what you think. Thanks.
Looked for you at OE... You are coming more into my price range now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior