Two days late.....Two dollars short

FDM2012

Adventurer
You know, there's more than one guy floating around here with a 3D printer, probably just looking for an excuse to use it. Maybe someone could whip you up some wedge shaped inserts to go between the lights and the ambo to get the angle you're after.

That would be AWESOME!

I could order another one, and have it sent to you. I would want/need 6 of them. And I reckon at the same angle
as what your are on your rig. I'm guessing they are just about right.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That would be AWESOME!

I could order another one, and have it sent to you. I would want/need 6 of them. And I reckon at the same angle
as what your are on your rig. I'm guessing they are just about right.

Haha! Dude, right idea but wrong conclusion. When I said "more than one guy" I meant it, but I don't remember who they are and they for sure aren't me. :)

FDM2012

Adventurer
Haha! Dude, right idea but wrong conclusion. When I said "more than one guy" I meant it, but I don't remember who they are and they for sure aren't me. :)

Lol DANG IT!!

No worries, I will put my IMPROV skills to work on it.

Last edited:

lockedwheels

Adventurer
My photobucket app is all jacked up it won't let me share photos. I deleted the large red lights on the back and mounted my back up camera. Maybe pick to follow

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lockedwheels

Adventurer
61ecbfbaf9ed5fb40a3876872c491b98.jpg

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Looks good... I'd almost move the lights out to the corners of the roof for better light distribution. That said, mine are still in the same place.

I've also contemplated wiring the 'Red' lights into the turn signal circuits... just not sure on the legality of doing it.

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Yah know that's a good idea. I had planned on using two small flood light bars one pointed down and one pointed more outward. Having two small pods on the corners would sure cover a lot of area. I am just glad to get rid of the gigantic red lights.

lockedwheels

Adventurer
So I installed the rear view camera and mounted it where the PA system was
0ec48ed1fe9a9462e2dca043106de1db.jpg

While I was doing that I was looking at the wiring
1ba5929464306370507a8ca862305912.jpg

Started removing obsolete stuff
247bdafeba6fe6a6ac2c7d79432bc167.jpg

When I have been camping I keep the batteries turned off because I keep the doors open which turns the side/rear floods on. Well that's a great but then I didn't have interior lights. So I removed the pressure switches on the doors and installed a switch for the side doors and a switch for the back doors. Now I can keep the batteries switched on and if I want to turn on the floods I can switch them on. The main switches above the driver are still active as well so I can turn them on from the drivers seat too.

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Got the fuel bowl out.
e8762e7ae947c0aab3de18d7aa52c73a.jpg

I found this in the valley when I got the fuel bowl out. Anyone have any ideas what it's for?
27adc6bdb310e6abe962123e1fc17224.jpg

As I was tearing apart the fuel bowl the fuel bowl heater just fell apart. I got aggravated and quit. Haha $60 later and the new heater is on order. I will finish disassembling it and cleaning it tomorow. Maybe get part of it back together while waiting on parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier