1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Oh see you went and named it, I think you are required to get running now. All hail the copper Queen.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

unkamonkey

Explorer
I grew up camping and traveling around the northern hemisphere in Suburbans so I can identify with that shape of vehicle. I would love to have a Jeep like it parked in my yard.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well, to be honest, I just have no desire to dive into a project that looks anything like the last 5 years of crap I have dealt with on my wagon. And this copper one needs MORE...it doesnt even run. At least I could drive mine around when I got it, and look how much time/money/effort has gone into it to only have an unreliable rig that isnt really good offroad or anything.

I'm thinking it'll just go to somebody else, whole. Whatever I get out of it will probably just get reinvested into my pile....or heck maybe it'll get added to the down payment for a toyota or something that'll perform and get me where I want to go.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
P.S. i didnt mention this before, and my previous comment may contain some apparently unjustified bitterness, but on the weekend of the 29th, I attempted to take a 600 mile road trip in my jeep, to Boonville, CA and back, and it was literlaly the worst trip I have ever taken in the wagon. It was pulling that surging crap, the same crap I've tried to eliminate over the past 5 years, and fought me every damn mile of the trip. It took 8 hours to get from Boonville (just north of Sonoma) home to Reno....less than 300 miles. 8 hours.

I'm so over this damn thing, and now I find myself with two of them.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Somehow I totally missed that part in your earlier post.
If you are open to some ideas on resolving the issue with the surging drop me a P.M. Maybe we can make a deal...

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
Sounds like a cry for help to me.........

Doc we all know your frustration, at least I do. Your wagon is nice enough to keep.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well. Successful weekend. Gonna keep a long story short.

The 74 is off to a new home in very capable hands. It will live again and hopefully be back on the road for years to come, which is what I really wanted. I let it go in trade for an MSD Atomic EFI system with all the accoutrements, including an in-tank fuel pump. I have also sourced a tank from a 78 wag to modify for the electric pump system.

I'm pretty excited and I'm quite happy. The 74 will live on whole and original, the fellow who picked it up should have a fun and solid project, and my jeep will get EFI and hopefully pretty much end my headaches with reliability on long trips, so it will live on as well!

I'll keep a log of my progress with the EFI.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
No more "extended trips"...

Bah!
EFI will remove your excuse for getting home a day... or two late. Where's the fun in that?
I'd rather have a '74 with a four barrel, and mice turds.
Oh, wait... I guess this trade really is a win-win! :victory: roflol

Looking forward to following along on the install, and also get your input on the '74.
Great meeting you. Will be fun projects for both of us. :beer:

Here it is at it's new home. :)

Attachments

• First-day-home-5-22-16.jpg
    First-day-home-5-22-16.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 46

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier