C.Shontz 2001 Jeep Cherokee (Progress)

Tekel

Wow. What a labor of love. With how often people go through vehicles, it is amazing reading through this 10 year build. Has given me a new respect for my progress. I'm only at 3 months of ownership of my XJ and have already lifted it and talk daily of wanting a jku. Your thread has changed that and made me to want to fix my quarks and push forward (that and the $25k price tag).

I'm also a Miata/XJ owner but my swap went the opposite way, had miatas and needed a winter vehicle and family hauler. My current Miata is a 97 with a custom turbo setup. Such a blast, but a completely different beast.

It's also awesome to see all the work you have done even though at the beginning you destincly stated you hate working on vehicles. I'm the same. I cussed and fought my way through my entire motor pull/clutch/turbo install on the Miata and again on my XJ lift. I also claim to hate working on a vehicle but find myself doing it more and more.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
It has been an amazing 10 years, wrought with ups and downs, but she didn't miss a beat when it came to adventure.

FOR SALE (sans rtt)

22240105434_01baab8b2d_b.jpg

19132225666_859f744c6b_b.jpg

Countless wonderful memories were made!

https://youtu.be/BEf88v9xuMc?list=PLhWTMM556Wi1l6XS_54BnBWfRXTns7VwU

If you're looking for a well-loved, and proven overland XJ, please give me a shout. Located in central PA. :)

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
How did those AT3's treat you off road? Im running the pros now and am considering a switch to the at3. I ran them on my dodge ram 2500 and for 67,000 miles out of em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
How did those AT3's treat you off road? Im running the pros now and am considering a switch to the at3. I ran them on my dodge ram 2500 and for 67,000 miles out of em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Best tires I've ever run. Superb overland tire both on highway and off pavement.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Congrats Chris. Should be an interesting build thread.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it, too. When I got the XJ back in 05, I was just starting to make the shift from recreational off-roading to overland-style off-roading. I didn't really have a good sense of what to do to the Cherokee, and what modifications to prioritize.

This time around, I know exactly what I want and what modifications are the most important, given my interests. I sort of wish that I could wave a magic wand and outfit the JK with everything I want right off the bat. :)

daveh

Adventurer
I know that feeling. 4 years and I still have a wish list for mine. I've seen the places you managed to go in your XJ though, while leading guys on 35's, so I doubt you would need any mods on the new one to do the same overland routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94