Allterrain camper

rangerdogg

Adventurer
I wanted to share a experience with you guys. Im in the process of getting a new canvas for my camper. I have read a few place to get one made and talked to them each about there product. I then wrote allterrain campers to ask if they could make one For me even though it's not there brand . Marty said they couldn't do it for me but gave me a few suggestion also. He and I wrote back and fourth for a couple days and I asked him his opinion on which way he would go and what he would get . Marty is a great guy and a owner who cares to help people no matter what and even though it had nothing to do with his company or his product. There is something to say about a guy and company like that . From what I can say is that he really cares about people just enjoying truck camping no matter if it was his or another company . I would recommend him and his company to check out if your ever in the need for a new camper. Just my two cents . Any way I will be putting a new top on the camper in spring will be ordering end of month stay tuned new color also.

Last edited:

GroovyDad

Wanderer
I just ordered a Bobcat from them yesterday and I'm sure I went with the right company. I've heard nothing but good things about ATC and their legendary customer service.

airy

Happy ATC Customer!

ATC built a Bobcat for me and I couldn't be happier. Marty and Jeff were great to work with and provided unbelievable customer service.

Attachments

• ATC Bobcat.jpg
    ATC Bobcat.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 152

camper101

Observer
ATC built a Bobcat for me and I couldn't be happier. Marty and Jeff were great to work with and provided unbelievable customer service.

Looks good. I'm really curious about the bike mount though. Does ATC do that or did you build it yourself? Not to go off topic, but I'd love to see any photos...

airy

Looks good. I'm really curious about the bike mount though. Does ATC do that or did you build it yourself? Not to go off topic, but I'd love to see any photos...

The swing gate (bike rack) is a custom design for a 2014 Tacoma. You can slide in or out the square tubes for carrying two bikes. The shelf holds jerry can, hi-lift, and aluminum storage box (which I haven't finished yet). My design was inspired by mtndog:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47306-The-TARDIS-A-Four-Wheel-Camper-Build?p=685679&highlight=mtndog#post685679

Once I get it painted, I'll provide pictures if you are interested.
View attachment 248649

Attachments

• SwingGate.jpg
    SwingGate.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

bill harr

Adventurer
The swing gate (bike rack) is a custom design for a 2014 Tacoma. You can slide in or out the square tubes for carrying two bikes. The shelf holds jerry can, hi-lift, and aluminum storage box (which I haven't finished yet). My design was inspired by mtndog:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47306-The-TARDIS-A-Four-Wheel-Camper-Build?p=685679&highlight=mtndog#post685679

Once I get it painted, I'll provide pictures if you are interested.
View attachment 248649

Please post pictures when done. How are you attaching the hinges to the truck?

Bill

airy

Please post pictures when done. How are you attaching the hinges to the truck?

Bill

The drawing shows the left mount that is bolted to the truck using existing mounting points (you have to unbolt the stock hardware, like the tailgate latch and tailgate cable stop). At the bottom of the drawing you can see a round tube that slides over the stock tailgate hinge, which helps carry the load. To increase the strength of the hinge mount bolted to the truck's stock mounting points, I designed a backing plate (separate piece shown on the right side of drawing) that requires three holes to be drilled in the truck. Fortunately, its really easy to access by removing two bolts that hold the tail light assembly in place. Probably over designed and built, but definitely strong and built to last.

Attachments

• LeftMount.jpg
    LeftMount.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 40

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Rangerdogg,

Are you putting a whole new top (hard ceiling) with the canvas?
Who are you having do the work?

I am hoping to do this in the future to an old Provan Tiger. A new top/canvas might be more modern/efficient, but I will do the canvas at least.

Thanks

rangerdogg

Adventurer
I'm doing the canvas only , canvas replacements. Very nice emailed back and forth and answered all my questions and more. Always quick response and they sent me sample of colors they offer. And it's one I was checking out and Marty told me about also.

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Thank you.

I saw stumbled upon their website before. I will give them another look and send them an email.
I have a feeling I will need to remove my canvas and send it to them for an exact matchup ... not looking forward to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles