Damaged solder joints may not be obvious. I've seen some computer boards that have been fixed by .....
- Removing the board from the device.
- Removing all the plastic parts from the board.
- Preheating an oven to between 350 and 450 degrees. This depends on the board.
- Place the board on metal...
Gen 1 -
- Replace the crank bolt if it isn't the third version.
- Any sign of leaks around the valve covers? If so, replace the valve cover gaskets.
- The typical tune-up items like spark plugs, filters, etc
I've heard of similar no-start conditions with the Gen 1's. Mitsubishi has a number of connections between the ignition and the starter. Some no-start conditions have been fixed by taking apart each connection between the ignition and starter. Check each connection for any corrosion. Apply some...