BEST PLACE TO MOUNT A HI-LIFT JACK ON A FULLSIZE TRUCK?

General Automag

Adventurer
Has anyone ever mounted a Hi-Lift or similar jack inside the cab of their truck?

As for mounting in the truck bed, what mounts or type of mounts have you used that offer good security?

Our setup is a 2001 Chevy Silverado with a Thule Transport rack on which we mount a roof-top-tent, so anything under the RTT is exposed and could be an opportunity for theft.

Because of the RTT and Thule rack, we can't mount a jack along the sides of the truck bed. The only place would be either on the "back" of the bed near the rear window or inside the cab.

Any good suggestions? Thanks again! :))

rxm6

Observer
Has anyone ever mounted a Hi-Lift or similar jack inside the cab of their truck?

As for mounting in the truck bed, what mounts or type of mounts have you used that offer good security?

Our setup is a 2001 Chevy Silverado with a Thule Transport rack on which we mount a roof-top-tent, so anything under the RTT is exposed and could be an opportunity for theft.

Because of the RTT and Thule rack, we can't mount a jack along the sides of the truck bed. The only place would be either on the "back" of the bed near the rear window or inside the cab.

Any good suggestions? Thanks again! :))

Run a bike lock or cable lock through the hi-lift and mount it to your rack.

FAW3

Adventurer
I have a Silverado extended cab...I wracked my brain to figure out a mount and just to get started put it behind the rear seat back on the small floor laying flat. It fits back there perfectly....no rattle/no move. The large plastic base also resides there. No cost and no hazards to passengers.

burt

Observer
I put it on top of the front bumper w/ the highlift brand brackets. you can put a lock through the top of the mounting bolt.

kore84

I use the stainless tray built by highway products. It sits in the front of the bed right up against the cab...bout $140

Are you running after market bumpers? If so, maybe you could mount it to one of the bumpers? If your running stock bumpers, maybe you don't need the jack....as you won't have a sturdy enough spot to lift the truck from anyway?

General Automag

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. I'm running stock bumpers, and I'm able to jack up the truck with no problems. ('Looking to get a "hidden" winch bumper for the front in the future, but this probably won't have any mounting points for a jack either)

Shawn686

Observer
Just remember for those guys running these is cab. If you do not secure it really well it will be come a projectile is a crash. Do you really want to be in a place with a hi-lift jack flying around?

Shawn

bfdiesel

Explorer
Just remember for those guys running these is cab. If you do not secure it really well it will be come a projectile is a crash. Do you really want to be in a place with a hi-lift jack flying around?

Shawn

Sounds like a quick solution to life to me:)

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer

Shawn

Mines ratchet strapped to the rear seat frame. It's not going anywhere. It's easy to fab a metal mounting bracket as well, then the strap is redundant.

On the '17, I'm considering just drilling two holes in the floor and simply through bolting it to the cab.

86scotty

Cynic
After keeping a heavy anchor, I mean hi-lift, mounted to my expedition vehicles for years I decided that the best place to mount one has probably already been done by buddy that's on the trail with you. Just make sure one of them is along. Every one I know has one mounted and they never use them. I never did either, but better one mounted to their trucks than mine.

If traveling solo go without. The recovery stories are much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles